TOP SPEED FOR THE 2000 BUSA

people with the 2000 busa, what top speed have you seen on your bike? this **** going around about bikes being restricted for top speed, this does'nt include the 2000 busa's does it?

maniac

I've gone 185 mph on my busa with plenty of throttle left over,but at that speed I had some helmet shaking going on because I had my tank bag on and I could'nt tuck enough but it is a blast all the same.......

i'm just worried because of the postings on the LAbusa's site about the 2000 buas's being limited for top speed because of somekind of restrictions.? can anybody prove this wrong, please?!!

maniac

GOT UP TO 190/ 5th gear...let off when some dumb@** pulled out up the road in front of me...the bike seemed to want more!!

I've had my Busa up to 180, but I hit some dips in the road and the pucker factor registered off the Richter Scale. It's funny how fast your courage leaves you in a situation like that. I actually beleive that the bike was airborne for a sec or two. That aint good when you dont have a parachute!

There is no speed limiter and i think the 2000 model is even faster than the 99. I work at a Motorcycle dealership and we clocked a new hayabusa totaly stock with 900 miles on it. Top speed was 197...

You guys who think you went 190 in 5th gear, if it wasn't a radar number it isn't reliable. If that was what your speedo said, figure an error of 15-20 mph at that speed. The stock Busa can max out it's 220 mph speedo, but it won't do more than 195. There you go.

Glad to see response to this subject. I can't wait till I get 1000 miles on my red/grey busa. Then I will reset my gps and go for a max speed run. Checked my gps in an airplane so I know I'll have very accurate results. Will post results by mid April!

I plan on doing a dyno run probably this week. The dyno will give mph. My buddys 99' went 196 at the rev limiter in 6th. Im sure the dyno could be off a couple or three mph but it should still tell the story. I would bet my paycheck its not limited. I think this rumor was just an excuse for the 12's slow top speed. In any event, I will find out soon. Has anyone checked out their dyno sheets?

ran top end 2 days ago with my brother in law on his r1 (he ws in break in period so he fell a little behind--ha ha) my speedo showed 208 and i was there long enough to see that it had stopped climbing--i weigh 200 lbs. and my tank was full--although weight is a minor factor at those speeds and i did not tuck my mirrors in (its nice to know the wind does not slap them in like some other bikes ive owned) anway my only curiosity was which way the wind was blowing because if i was running into a headwind then that is an awesome number i got to see--next run ill tuck the mirrors in and hope to see 210---yeahhh babbbyy

I have run my stock 2K 'busa up to 11,000 in 6th several times. I decided to honor the redline but the bike seemed to want to keep going.

I measured the rear tire circumference and multiplied by the appropriate ratios (from the shop manual). The 77.8125" circumference worked out to 206.8 MPH at 11,000 RPM.

The bike had the stock mirrors plus a center stand.

I'm getting close to 3,000 miles now and the circumference is down to 76.75" (thanks to a trip to the drag strip).

This drops the 11,000 RPM speed down to 204.0 MPH.

All of this assumes that the circumference doesn't increase at high speeds. I suspect that these tires don't expand by much but I have read otherwise.

Last top end check I ATTEMPTED, I backed out way before the bike quit pulling. I was looking at the Certificate of Origin we receive on new bikes at the dealership and there is no change in the listed crank horsepower, and I really don't feel that Suzuki has made any changes on the 2000 models, (as of yet). Have not seen the Certificate for a ZX-12 yet tho when I do I will let you know of the actual dry weight and crank horse's.

The word is that the Busa will not do 200 on level ground in still air at sea level, stock. The word is also that real, everyday versions will go over 190 off the showroom floor. Two observations about that; first, 190 is friggin' fast. Second, a couple mph up there is a BIG difference.

A bike is punching a wall against wind and friction in the 190-200 range, so a stock Busa that runs properly will fall in that range, to within a very small increment. If you are seeing some way different number, like 205 or 210, it is almost certain the big difference is measurement error.

Hi if any of you have seen the problems page you will see I've had 210 on the clock on my Y2K blue silver busa. This was on a slight downhill straight in good conditions with no side or head winds, so I guess the restriction scare does not affect Y2K bikes. Seat of the pants speedo said this was f*^$?@g quick when bike is back from deaers will do a pukka timed run with onboard video, wonder if I can run it on site? Tim.

I've hit low 180's range actual speed. I have the Yellow Box mod installed. No sign of any limiter. No sign of stopping. Without the Yellow Box recalibration the factory speedo setup/error would have been displaying at least 195. My red 00' was manufactured in Nov 99'.

[This message has been edited by Todd (edited 23 March 2000).]

duh mr bear tell me something I didnt know...NEXT TIME I WILL SAY AN INDICATED 190.

Hey guys when was your y2k built? My sticker on the frame says 10/99 for me...they probably just put different plastics on it and called it a 2000.heheheh

Don't get your panties in a bunch, cellphoney. The stuff was just starting to sound like fish stories, with people posting more and more ridiculous numbers. I just want to keep it real.

Turbo Rick saw a radar reading of 214 on his slightly modded copper 99, briefly. That was in a T-shirt. In leathers he saw 210. Just the added wind resistance of the leathers cost him some speed. His official passes, where he had to hold the speed for awhile, were 204 and 199. But his bike has some internal mods, good for about 200 hp. It is in the "Stock-Appearing" category.

The 2000 is the same bike as the 99, with the warranty recalls done and different colors. Anybody know of any other differences?

Back