Top Gear US is rubbish

Fastfrog007

Donating Member
Registered
I'm still, still attempting to watch Top Gear US and still can't find any good things about it. They have ZERO original ideas,not one!
I can see using some the original shows themes and challenges, but don't just copy the whole thing over with stupid hosts.
Tanners is a tool, Ferrara has no business operating anything with wheels other than a shopping cart, and Rutledge belongs at a NASCAR track year round.
And we wonder why the British version always picks on Americans, us chaps haven't got a prayer when it comes to an automotive series.
The current episode is copying 83% of the limo episode, series 9, episode 6. The even painted 2 of the cars the same colors. :banghead:

Smellphone via Forum Runner

I tried to watch it once, never made it thru. The BBC version is great. I laugh my a#@ off everythime I watch one:thumbsup:

What ever guys, dont watch it. I dont get British humor sometimes. The US version is hilarious.

Sent from my DROIDX using Forum Runner

Not even close... BBC version spoiled me and is so much more fun to watch. I have a hard time watching the US version...

i have never seen the bbc version. so i liked it. But then again I love exotic cars. This love for cars is why i bought the new forza when it came out a few months ago.

the US version is much like the German and Aussie versions... its pretty much crap. If you've watched the original BBC versions its very hard to watch these spin offs. If you have not watched the UK version, well then the US version really isnt *that* bad.

That being said, the US one is not a total rip off spin off like the German and Aussie ones. This one is being done by the same guys as the BBC one so there are definitely going to be some similarities. They even said the first 2-3yrs of the UK version was total rubbish and they are surprised they were allowed to stay on the air. Give them some time, I suspect we'll see it come along in the next season or two. I'm not really a fan of the US cast but they do seem to play on each other well, even better in season 2 so who knows.

I still watch them both but take the US one in stride. They have definitely done some stupid stuff but some of the items are funny to watch.

I thought I was the only one, the original is definitely the best. Jeremy, Hammond and James can not be matched, as the saying goes often imitated never duplicated.

Never seen the US version, but just watched the new series of the Brit version.
Jeremy Clarkson is always in trouble over here for being politically incorrect.

He said a little while ago Bankers should be shot in front of there wifes and kids. That caused a lot of trouble.

Had the Mexican government complain, about something.

He does weekly column in a newspaper over here, it's so funny.

top gear america is pitiful to say the least. if youve ever seen the british version the american version is UNWATCHABLE with those 3 tools as hosts.

top-gear-america-season-2.jpg

Love the british topgear! They did set the standard pretty high! I watch the US and Aussie versions too. Yes they arent as good! But I am a car, planes, jet, and bike guy, soI am pleased to see this then stupid reality shows etc! Season 18 is done, and now have to wait until June to watch season 19!

The American hosts are just not funny to me, all the humor is sophomoric and predictable. I watch it occasionally just for the stuff that's actually about cars.

Back