top end pull

dentonbusa

Registered
2005 busa bone stock with dnd bolt ons and stock gearing i pulled it up to 10,300 rpm in 6th gear that is getting real close to redline so what do you think guys how fast do you think iwas going.

I belive in 6th that is the red line. As for real MPH I won't guess . but do it often enough I sure you will find a KSP with a speed gun who will tell you
SHOCKED.gif

If the limiter hits when the speedo reads 186, and when the speedo reads 186 you're really only doing like 168, wouldn't the bike be limited at 168 ?

I just confused myself !!

(Cloud9 @ Sep. 17 2007,10:59) I got a gear calculator and it says you are going 191.75 with a 17/40 gear setup....
This is closer to the real deal, but also depends on things like total weight of rider/gear, direction and speed of wind just to name a few.... A lot harder to go Really fast then one could imagine! Example average HP it takes to break approx 236 MPH at Maxton? around 404 HP +
eek2.gif

where do you guys find the space to get up and over 180mph?? at 180mph that is 3miles a minute,1 mile every 20seconds.....think about that for a second,thats alot of highway in a little bit of time,i've had her @160 on an open stretch but just didnt seem to have the room to continue to go up and be able to stop in enough time.Im not looking to top out for 1 second then have to come to a stop,i'd like to ride it out for a little bit,I think a minimum of a 3 mile stretch is reqired to do this safely

Back