Top 3 Busa Head Porters

One of the best hand ported heads is done by Port tech, Crazy bill is the man and before him it was Jason Barnett, If you have any doubts how about a gen 1 busa at 60 inch 1397 on MRXo1 fuel, bike went 161mph,then backed it with 162mph:laugh: ANd this is a bike you can ride ALL day long, and the best part the head is only around $750, I was getting my bike built and seen for my self one of port techs head Vs. a WArd and a carpenter, needless to say Hand porting if done right with make amazing power and TQ, you do not see to many 225 hp gen 1 1397 daily street bikes that you can take to the track run 8.70 and ride home, hell at 64 inch with a 40 shot the same bike did close to 170 and LOW 8'x:whistle:

One of the best hand ported heads is done by Port tech, Crazy bill is the man and before him it was Jason Barnett, If you have any doubts how about a gen 1 busa at 60 inch 1397 on MRXo1 fuel, bike went 161mph,then backed it with 162mph:laugh: ANd this is a bike you can ride ALL day long, and the best part the head is only around $750, I was getting my bike built and seen for my self one of port techs head Vs. a WArd and a carpenter, needless to say Hand porting if done right with make amazing power and TQ, you do not see to many 225 hp gen 1 1397 daily street bikes that you can take to the track run 8.70 and ride home, hell at 64 inch with a 40 shot the same bike did close to 170 and LOW 8'x:whistle:

Yes crazy bill is suppose to do some pretty good head porting and his prices are really GOOD. As far as a 225HP 1397 I've never seen that except out of a 1441. Doesn't matter though seems to be hauling ass

I understand,I said the same thing,it made 217 on chuck wilburns dyno,and 225 on brocks,and before chuck knew the bike was at Brocks,he stated that the bike would make 220's on someone else's dyno, The deck height is .038 with 13.1 Je's so the bike has tq and compression,and On port techs site,bill states the his head has made UP 225 hp,and it just so happens that the builder of my bike use's port tech,and said THE MOST he has ever made with his 1397 combo was 225 on Mr9, come to find out,I have the head that was on the bike that made that power. I just so happen to get the head as a way to save money out of the builders pocket,due to a bad cam bearing slip and hurt my 1 st port tech head that Bill did, the head I have is the SAME port designe but was done in 03' when Jason Barnett still owned the company.Not saying my motor make's that,but then againg who know's it has never seen a dyno :banghead: But the bike my head was on went 8.80's with a 180 lb rider on a Swb busa.The rider's name is sonny,and If you ever read Brocks zx14 Diary Sonny is in it,and test ride bike's for Bock and the Builder of my bike Bryan Snyder of Quantum motorsports.:bowdown: The man is a beast on a bike, I am shocked he is not gone pro, he almost took Keith shine Dennis's spot in Super sport class in 08' but sonny was heaiver than the Avg ss 1000 Rider.Just a bit of info, HEll this is what the site is for:beerchug: As for as port tech,I wish more people would give him a shot, the man dose a wonderful job, and for a hand ported head it is amazing, I looked at a lees, ward, and port tech side by side and you would never till which head was cnc and which was hand ported.Always remember every cnc head was first a hand port,then the program was written. I would think a consumer would pay more for a hand ported head then a cnc head,the only reason a cnc head is more $$$ is due to the fact the shop has to get money back to pay for the cnc machine:rofl:

I understand,I said the same thing,it made 217 on chuck wilburns dyno,and 225 on brocks,and before chuck knew the bike was at Brocks,he stated that the bike would make 220's on someone else's dyno, The deck height is .038 with 13.1 Je's so the bike has tq and compression,and On port techs site,bill states the his head has made UP 225 hp,and it just so happens that the builder of my bike use's port tech,and said THE MOST he has ever made with his 1397 combo was 225 on Mr9, come to find out,I have the head that was on the bike that made that power. I just so happen to get the head as a way to save money out of the builders pocket,due to a bad cam bearing slip and hurt my 1 st port tech head that Bill did, the head I have is the SAME port designe but was done in 03' when Jason Barnett still owned the company.Not saying my motor make's that,but then againg who know's it has never seen a dyno :banghead: But the bike my head was on went 8.80's with a 180 lb rider on a Swb busa.The rider's name is sonny,and If you ever read Brocks zx14 Diary Sonny is in it,and test ride bike's for Bock and the Builder of my bike Bryan Snyder of Quantum motorsports.:bowdown: The man is a beast on a bike, I am shocked he is not gone pro, he almost took Keith shine Dennis's spot in Super sport class in 08' but sonny was heaiver than the Avg ss 1000 Rider.Just a bit of info, HEll this is what the site is for:beerchug: As for as port tech,I wish more people would give him a shot, the man dose a wonderful job, and for a hand ported head it is amazing, I looked at a lees, ward, and port tech side by side and you would never till which head was cnc and which was hand ported.Always remember every cnc head was first a hand port,then the program was written. I would think a consumer would pay more for a hand ported head then a cnc head,the only reason a cnc head is more $$$ is due to the fact the shop has to get money back to pay for the cnc machine:rofl:
Yeah I live about an hour away from Chuck Wilburn and his dyno is the one I go by!!! Before I went turbo I was always over at Chucks very interested in a motor build but they just didn't make enough power for what I wanted to do. Chuck has been a big advocate of the Rickward head and cam setup and thats the fastest combo to date that he has found I think. His 1397 were making 210 i believe and his 08 cranked 1441 were making 220-222 and this was on 87 octane from the shell station. I think it would be really cool if chuck took his 1441 and didn't change a thing and stuck one of Port techs heads on to see how it did. That Rickward head and cam setup is like $2500 so unless Bill's head made like 20HP less it would probably be more beneficial to a street bike. AHH all this motor talk and how on the edge you have to set them up to make the power.....it all drove me to the dark side with the snail shell. Nothing like just adding 1-2lb boost and getting another 30HP

:rofl:

only "porters" I know not sure which one is "head"

porters_lori.jpg

now, about that oil choice...

I think this porter has a better head.

pint.gif

:beerchug:
:laugh:

Cheers
ken

P.S. I think bogus is "funny".... :whistle::laugh:

Thanks for the info! I'll talk to Rick at Harry's and Crazy Bill at Port Tech about my needs. I do see on Port Tech's website that they are offering a Busa TQ porting that yields 112 Ft. Lbs. and is only $650! I'm more inclinded to use hand porting as I'm old school and like the personal attention my head will receive from either one of these shops. Plus I don't want to help pay off someones CNC machine.

awww kind of hard to "port" a head without making them "bigger" good luck with it..

On HD's I know some head porters weld up the ports and then do the porting. This way they can go to a "raised port" design or just smaller ports to improve velocity. Don't know if this is an option for Busa heads but it goes to show that porting isn't always necessarily about "Bigger" ports.

yup more than a few go to extreme with welding and epoxy ports. Some goes for other areas that need modifications for things such as very high list cams. :thumbsup:

Glen (G-wizz) is very good people, I have done business with him several times.
Now about the original poster:
Vague questions get you nowhere. Stop acting as if your build plans are some big secret. Tell us (the board) what you are wanting to do with the bike and we will suggest the most cost effective way to get there. I'm willing to bet that the ground has been covered already by some of us. Of course if you have a giant pile of money sitting around and want it to evaporate keep arguing with people trying to help you. Either way you aren't impressing anybody asking vague questions and pretending you already know the answers......

My Bad! I thought I had posted in this thread what I wanted to do with my bikes motor. But I did post on another thread in this forum what I wanted to get out of my motor but you must not have seen that thread?

I'm looking for more TQ (110-120 ft. lbs.) especially down low where I'll use it the most. And I don't have a "pile of money" so I'm getting opinions about the best way to achieve my goals which means finding a good Busa head porter. I'm not trying to impress anybody (:rofl:) and no pretending here, I know how to get what I want out of my motor. All motor, same CC's, my bikes have ALWAYS out performed everyone elses bikes! Not bragging just giving you the facts my friend.

mann, give him a break. he's new and dosent like jokes, or fun, or horseplaying, hey come to think of it can it be a rule that if you dont like these things you have to put them in your profile! :moon:

My Bad! I thought I had posted in this thread what I wanted to do with my bikes motor. But I did post on another thread in this forum what I wanted to get out of my motor but you must not have seen that thread?

I'm looking for more TQ (110-120 ft. lbs.) especially down low where I'll use it the most. And I don't have a "pile of money" so I'm getting opinions about the best way to achieve my goals which means finding a good Busa head porter. I'm not trying to impress anybody (:rofl:) and no pretending here, I know how to get what I want out of my motor. All motor, same CC's, my bikes have ALWAYS out performed everyone elses bikes! Not bragging just giving you the facts my friend.
You can get that kinda tq number out of a stock head, stock motor bike. Good pipe and map. Do you race?

Also, a gear change will radically change your low end that you want. Some engine work and a serious gear ratio change and a serious rear tire, you should be very quick down low. Of course, I can't really see the need for more power down low. I think I'm a WIMP!
Good Luck on your build. Also make sure you have insurance with an aftermarket parts rider. That way if its stolen, you will recieve more money for it.

On HD's I know some head porters weld up the ports and then do the porting. This way they can go to a "raised port" design or just smaller ports to improve velocity. Don't know if this is an option for Busa heads but it goes to show that porting isn't always necessarily about "Bigger" ports.

yes, raised ports are very big in porting (or used to be) Olds/Pontiac/Chev found this many years ago and now the heads are just built this way to start with... It is a case of diminishing returns all the same.. The basic port and pocket work yields the best bang per buck when combined with a "good" valve job..

All the same by the time you drop a few grand on head work, you could have had a turbo that makes more power, uses less specialty parts and if ridden reasonably will far far far outlast a "pure" motor build of equal power..

Head work is not a low buck item no matter how you do it..

Last edited:
Back