Top 3 Busa Head Porters

:rofl:

only "porters" I know not sure which one is "head"

porters_lori.jpg

now, about that oil choice...

Last edited:
HMP (Harry's Machined Parts) in MA is arguably one of the best kept secrets in Busa motor and head work and they are moderatly local to you.

Not funny or productive!
productive? not... funny? matter of opinion...

but the question was sort of "wide" in scope.. who makes the best car, what is the fastest color.. that kind of thing..

These things are all parts of combination's.. you can ruin a head easier than making it better and this is all reliant on what else is done to the motor..

Add this to your "making more torque" it would be likely counter productive as well.. big ports are murder on low end torque and I have bought more than one set of race ported heads off a guy to bolt on a stocker that works a lot better..

From your string of "what/who/where" things and what you are trying to do.. you might look at a turbo build.. (is a lot cheaper)

HMP (Harry's Machined Parts) in MA is arguably one of the best kept secrets in Busa motor and head work and they are moderatly local to you.

Thanks Draco!! That's what I'm looking for! Yes they are close, do they have a web-site? I'll do a web search and see what I come up with.

productive? not... funny? matter of opinion...

but the question was sort of "wide" in scope.. who makes the best car, what is the fastest color.. that kind of thing..

These things are all parts of combination's.. you can ruin a head easier than making it better and this is all reliant on what else is done to the motor..

Add this to your "making more torque" it would be likely counter productive as well.. big ports are murder on low end torque and I have bought more than one set of race ported heads off a guy to bolt on a stocker that works a lot better..

From your string of "what/who/where" things and what you are trying to do.. you might look at a turbo build.. (is a lot cheaper)

Yes, you are right it is a matter of opinion and I expressed mine. And I never said "best", as 'best" is a very loaded word. And who said I wanted bigger ports? Not me. I'm looking for VE. For a variety of reasons a turbo is not what I'm looking for. But thanks for the recommendation.

awww kind of hard to "port" a head without making them "bigger" good luck with it..

TE is a much better target to be working on... (90% or so is wasted)

Last edited:
awww kind of hard to "port" a head without making them "bigger" good luck with it..

TE is a much better target to be working on... (90% or so is wasted)

I'm looking for a streamlining of the ports to improve VE. This doesn't mean hogging out the ports.

Does anybody know what the stock Gen II's VE is?

no web site, no advertising, no nothing helps keep them a secret... :whistle: It's even a challenge sending Rick some freight packages. :laugh:
Thanks Draco!! That's what I'm looking for! Yes they are close, do they have a web-site? I'll do a web search and see what I come up with.

Ward
Carpenter
D.D.S Engineering

D.D.S only does work for other shops so if you think that shop did the CNC head work they probably sent it to DDS.

Well I'm glad someone got a laugh out of it.
you need to lighten up... it is only a forum (and free at that) and vague questions are going to draw some vague responses... after 30+ years of racing, you get to the point were things just are not that serious ... (and some questions make you scratch your head) :)

you need to lighten up... it is only a forum (and free at that) and vague questions are going to draw some vague responses... after 30+ years of racing, you get to the point were things just are not that serious ... (and some questions make you scratch your head) :)

Lighten up? Look in the mirror!

I don't feel like it was a vauge question and from some of the responses to my thread I don't think other people feel that way also.

If someone doesn't have anything positive to add to this discussion then why bother?

Back