Donating Member
Registered
:rofl:

only "porters" I know not sure which one is "head"

porters_lori.jpg

now, about that oil choice...

Draco1340

Registered
HMP (Harry's Machined Parts) in MA is arguably one of the best kept secrets in Busa motor and head work and they are moderatly local to you.

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
Not funny or productive!
productive? not... funny? matter of opinion...

but the question was sort of "wide" in scope.. who makes the best car, what is the fastest color.. that kind of thing..

These things are all parts of combination's.. you can ruin a head easier than making it better and this is all reliant on what else is done to the motor..

Add this to your "making more torque" it would be likely counter productive as well.. big ports are murder on low end torque and I have bought more than one set of race ported heads off a guy to bolt on a stocker that works a lot better..

From your string of "what/who/where" things and what you are trying to do.. you might look at a turbo build.. (is a lot cheaper)

oskala

Banned
HMP (Harry's Machined Parts) in MA is arguably one of the best kept secrets in Busa motor and head work and they are moderatly local to you.
Thanks Draco!! That's what I'm looking for! Yes they are close, do they have a web-site? I'll do a web search and see what I come up with.

oskala

Banned
productive? not... funny? matter of opinion...

but the question was sort of "wide" in scope.. who makes the best car, what is the fastest color.. that kind of thing..

These things are all parts of combination's.. you can ruin a head easier than making it better and this is all reliant on what else is done to the motor..

Add this to your "making more torque" it would be likely counter productive as well.. big ports are murder on low end torque and I have bought more than one set of race ported heads off a guy to bolt on a stocker that works a lot better..

From your string of "what/who/where" things and what you are trying to do.. you might look at a turbo build.. (is a lot cheaper)
Yes, you are right it is a matter of opinion and I expressed mine. And I never said "best", as 'best" is a very loaded word. And who said I wanted bigger ports? Not me. I'm looking for VE. For a variety of reasons a turbo is not what I'm looking for. But thanks for the recommendation.

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
awww kind of hard to "port" a head without making them "bigger" good luck with it..

TE is a much better target to be working on... (90% or so is wasted)

oskala

Banned
awww kind of hard to "port" a head without making them "bigger" good luck with it..

TE is a much better target to be working on... (90% or so is wasted)
I'm looking for a streamlining of the ports to improve VE. This doesn't mean hogging out the ports.

Does anybody know what the stock Gen II's VE is?

Commuta_Busa

Donating Member
Registered
no web site, no advertising, no nothing helps keep them a secret... :whistle: It's even a challenge sending Rick some freight packages. :laugh:
Thanks Draco!! That's what I'm looking for! Yes they are close, do they have a web-site? I'll do a web search and see what I come up with.

Gixx1300R

Registered
Ward
Carpenter
D.D.S Engineering

D.D.S only does work for other shops so if you think that shop did the CNC head work they probably sent it to DDS.

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
Well I'm glad someone got a laugh out of it.
you need to lighten up... it is only a forum (and free at that) and vague questions are going to draw some vague responses... after 30+ years of racing, you get to the point were things just are not that serious ... (and some questions make you scratch your head) :)

oskala

Banned
you need to lighten up... it is only a forum (and free at that) and vague questions are going to draw some vague responses... after 30+ years of racing, you get to the point were things just are not that serious ... (and some questions make you scratch your head) :)
Lighten up? Look in the mirror!

I don't feel like it was a vauge question and from some of the responses to my thread I don't think other people feel that way also.

If someone doesn't have anything positive to add to this discussion then why bother?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
nitrobusa08 Gen 2 Busa Top Steering Clamp Removel Question Gen II Busa Information 9
T Top 10 Things to do while you wait on your Powerhouse built Turbo busa :) Turbo 32
ducnut Disappointed in Top Speed of My 2013 busa Gen II Busa Information 110
pan Turbo street Busa VS Top-fuel bike Videos 22
F Top speed in each gear on a busa? Top Speed 35
Pbadasay No need to panic....the Busa will make its way back to the top! General Bike Related Topics 5
R 2003 Busa struggling on the top end?????? Busa problems 5
Energizer 200 mph top on non-turbo, no nitrous, not charged Busa, real? Top Speed 43
Rick Ekstrom 2009 Busa Tank stickers and top fairing New Owners Forum 13
oskala Top 3 Busa Performance Parts Manufacturers Engine and Performance mods 17
G Forget the Salt Beds, What is the fastest PAVED ROAD Top Speed of Busa with 700HP? Top Speed 31
F ZX-14 vs Busa - in a roll, which of the top guns takes the 'W' - 2 part General Bike Related Topics 25
High-Gain Busa How smooth is the Busa at the top end? Gen II Busa Information 26
D So why is the Busa's top speed limited? General Bike Related Topics 22
J Givi top case on 2008 Busa Gen II Busa Information 34
Blaze Front, rear, top and side views of 2008 Busa. Gen II Busa Information 31
Blaze Front, rear, top and side views of 2008 Busa. General Bike Related Topics 27
N Busa vs. zx-10 (top speed) General Bike Related Topics 5
Bu$aDude Top busa comfort mods General Bike Related Topics 29
W Top speed on nitro 2001 busa - 205mph Top Speed 3
U Top speed you have achieved on your stock busa? General Bike Related Topics 122
N 'Busa true top speed General Bike Related Topics 35
steven Busa...Top Of The 7 Wonders Of Cycles?? General Bike Related Topics 11
O noisey top end '03 busa Busa problems 3
M 2003 Busa Top Speed Limiter General Bike Related Topics 0
M Highest Top Speed Ever On A Busa General Bike Related Topics 5
M BUSA vs MOD'D GSXR1000 top end report General Bike Related Topics 8
O NEED ORIGINAL BUSA TOP CLAMP General Discussion 0
O TOP SPEED FOR THE 2000 BUSA General Discussion 26
O Y2K Busa\'s top speed & HP verses 99 models? General Discussion 5
K How much top end loss? General Bike Related Topics 10
rubbersidedown Rubb looking for a Top case for Gen II Wanted 15
J Low rpm power loss & top speed way down Busa problems 44
rubbersidedown Just about 250 more to be top dog Random Thoughts 7
c10 AMB / LSL top clamp kit information Gen II Busa Information 4
SSGT_B Final Product, Top Mount Bars General Bike Related Topics 15
T Ohlins top mount damper Gen II Busa Information 12
Sandow Top Fuel Dragster Fuel Pump Demo single cylinder Off Topic 11
fallenarch Top Gun 2 Random Thoughts 17
Dopey Lowering front end takes away top end?? General Bike Related Topics 22
J Top Speed For A Givi Top Box Gen II Busa Information 34
Sandow Top Gun 2 Videos 18
08BusaKY History channel tonight at 9pm. Top 10 police vehicles Off Topic 4
Swiftfalcon Top head bearings - best way of removing General Bike Related Topics 19
M Wont be top ending 6oday Top Speed 1
captain Haven't done this in awhile, vote someone to the top.... Random Thoughts 72
c10 Stock H2 SXE TOP SPEED General Bike Related Topics 5
A Added Weight for traction at top end? Top Speed 26
c10 Pictures top right of forum Off Topic 2
Quiksilver Top gun undertail turn signal wire lost. Appearance mods 9