Tool to remove front rim

Status
Not open for further replies.

busahigg

Registered
What do you guys use to remove the front rim? I have been using the back of a spark plug socket and it works OK I just want something better....like a 26mm allen bit.

Any ideas? Cause I cannot find a 26mm allen bit. It is 26mm right?

Yeah that's what you need the allen tool...I can't remember what size it is cause Whoa bought it...

What do you guys use to remove the front rim?  I have been using the back of a spark plug socket and it works OK I just want something better....like a 26mm allen bit.  

Any ideas?  Cause I cannot find a 26mm allen bit.  It is 26mm right?
Unfortunatlely for you post '01 guys they changed the front axle but I can get the tool you need. Let me see what the cost is and I will get back to you.

Marc "Howlin Mad"

Ok I can get the tool at $20.00 a piece. Let me know who is interested and I will do a group buy on it. Busahigg you have the cogg on the group buy thing and good luck getting anyone to agree with anything here. If no one else wants one I will get you one. Just let me know how you want to play it.

Marc "Howlin Mad"

... and good luck getting anyone to agree with anything here.

Marc "Howlin Mad"
rock.gif
rock.gif

rock.gif

Marc "Howlin Mad"
rock.gif

rock.gif
Sorry my man but "It is what it is"  

I don't remember who wrote it but someone said it is a shame that good ideas never get off the ground on this board.  They seem to get crushed under their own weight because of all the rules that everyone wants to impose.

Don't get me wrong love the site but I don't think I will be organizing anything unless the Captain "orders" me too.  Then like a good little Marine I will do as the Captain says.

Marc "Howlin Mad"

I am here for any member that needs anything I have. I won't turn my back on any of you!

rock.gif

Well all just got off the phone with Busahigg and he is hooked up! Nice talking to you bro! You got my #'s if you need anymore help!

Marc "Howlin Mad"

Marc, you know you gotta watch what you write 'round here......especially if Mr Cache is on-line. You know he takes these things so personal........LOL. It's almost as if you were talking about him and his slow-ass blue black Busa.

Marc, you know you gotta watch what you write 'round here......especially if Mr Cache is on-line.  You know he takes these things so personal........LOL.  It's almost as if you were talking about him and his slow-ass blue black Busa.
Well he bought that slow color why should he be made at me?
biggrin.gif
I really that wasn't a personal attack on anyone. The tone of the board is that way. My opinion means nothing. So hope I didn't offend.

Marc "Howlin Mad"

In fact, I agree to a point. There is a small number of members here I can depend on for good, reliable, and tested knowledge. Marc, you are definitely one of them. I am just old skool, and don't believe in pissin on your own house. That's all. Peace.

In fact, I agree to a point. There is a small number of members here I can depend on for good, reliable, and tested knowledge. Marc, you are definitely one of them.  I am just old skool, and don't believe in pissin on your own house. That's all.   Peace.
Not pissin on my own house here. Just putting out my opinion. I am not, by any measure, the pulse of this board. I will say what LO has gone through there is definately a change in that pulse though.

Marc "Howlin Mad"

Ok I can get the tool at $20.00 a piece.  Let me know who is interested and I will do a group buy on it.  Busahigg you have the cogg on the group buy thing and good luck getting anyone to agree with anything here.  If no one else wants one I will get you one.  Just let me know how you want to play it.

Marc "Howlin Mad"
Marc,
i'l take one... let me know what you need me to do to get this going.

Marc, same here. I'd like to get one of those tools as well. Let me know what I need to do. Thanks!

I'm pretty sure the size is 24mm for the front wheel tool.

Sorry for ya'lls dilemma, but I would have really have liked to help on this one. I put up a thread about the exact same thing earlier in the year when I was taking my bike down for chroming. After all was said and done, I went and got a 24mm hexhead bolt and welded it to the end of a 18mm allen wrench (the big ones) and now I can carry it inside my tool pouch on the bike. Fits the inside of the hole perfectly. One of the best "FREE" mods I ever did.

Brian

Sorry for ya'lls dilemma, but I would have really have liked to help on this one.  I put up a thread about the exact same thing earlier in the year when I was taking my bike down for chroming.  After all was said and done, I went and got a 24mm hexhead bolt and welded it to the end of a 18mm allen wrench (the big ones) and now I can carry it inside my tool pouch on the bike.  Fits the inside of the hole perfectly.  One of the best "FREE" mods I ever did.

Brian
awsome idea... i would have to do the same but got to get these wrenches first

Marc "Howlin Mad"
rock.gif

rock.gif

I don't remember who wrote it but someone said it
Thank you, thank you very much . gotta move on thou, Marc.
we/me/us got tree hooked-up,without a vote,a debate, or a general managers meeting .

They/We..... R Starting to wake up .

The "Lo thing" ....who can say . She's pissy about some weirdo on the net . Now its spillin' over into the Org . Seriously thou man , if its someone here , a reg , or semi-reg, get one of the admin's to flush 'em out, FIX IT UP .
If she/you/him/her dont want it fixed....then O well .
Common sense . Ever had anyone say sumthin' shiddy to ya ? Ok....fix it....or forget it . This lo thing got blown right outa proportion . Big deal......some low-life in some 365 $ a month housing complex in south dakota EMAILED Lo some stoopid stuff.....

Time too move on brother . Seems like things are workin' ok right now .

rock.gif

Marc "Howlin Mad"
rock.gif

rock.gif

I don't remember who wrote it but someone said it
Thank you, thank you very much .   gotta move on thou, Marc.
 we/me/us got tree hooked-up,without a vote,a debate, or a general managers meeting .  

They/We..... R Starting to wake up .

The   "Lo thing"   ....who can say .  She's pissy about some weirdo on the net .   Now its spillin' over into the Org . Seriously thou man , if its someone here , a reg , or semi-reg, get one of the admin's to flush 'em out,  FIX IT UP .  
  If she/you/him/her  dont want it fixed....then O well .
  Common sense .  Ever had anyone say sumthin' shiddy to ya ?     Ok....fix it....or forget it .   This lo thing got blown right outa proportion .   Big deal......some low-life in some 365 $ a month housing complex in south dakota EMAILED Lo some stoopid stuff.....

Time too move on brother .   Seems like things are workin' ok right now .
I guess things are working "OK" for you rubberside but LO is not the only one that has experienced negative poop on this site. I do know she is my friend so I do "TAKE IT PERSONALLY" when she is hurt!! I took it personally when Thinker had poop written on his pics. If you would like me to move on I have no problem doing that at all. Just say the word and I am gone from "YOUR SITE"

Marc "Howlin Mad"

rock.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back