Took the plunge!

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
Today I was at the local race shop (shop is filled with racebikes and racers) where I get my Busa tuned and was watching/BSing with the mechanic as he prepared to install Pilot Races on my OEM wheels. We were chatting then he suddenly looks at me and says, "you know what you could do right now that would increase your confidence and Busa's handling?" Of course, I replied, "what?"
He says, "if you install a slick on the front and Pilot Race on the rear, you will love it.....I did it to my track day bike and loved it".
So a big conversation begins with about 5 guys (myself included) and they all said it's a good idea. SO I PUT A SLICK ON THE FRONT AND PILOT RACE ON THE REAR of my track wheels! (eventually I'll go to slicks front and rear).

Tuesday, July 7th, Ozz (Robb) and I are doing a track day at Thunderhill, we both have helmet cams so be prepared for some pics thereafter!

Also, I've finally got my Busa hauler trailer welded and good to go (pic below) so I'm EXCITED! Doyle

ps If anyone has run slicks on a Busa, what's it like? I don't recall ever reading anyone's account of the experience.

P1000142.JPG

Last edited:
Sounds like a good time for sure :thumbsup: I've never heard much on running slicks either-looking forward to the write-up,pics, and vid. Hope it's a fast and safe day for you both:beerchug:

Sounds like a good time for sure :thumbsup: I've never heard much on running slicks either-looking forward to the write-up,pics, and vid. Hope it's a fast and safe day for you both:beerchug:

John, thanks for the well wishes....let me just say, all your posts are pleasant and uplifting, you're probably a heck of a nice guy! Doyle

Wow Doyle, those should be pretty aggressive/sticky tires, can't wait to see the videos of you and Rob on the track, I hope both of you have a good safe time.
Feels like I'm starting over from scratch, gettin back slowly but surely, today I got the new Busa inspected and registered for Cali, now I just got to go over a few mechanical issues then I should be ready to give her a test run.

Last edited:
Gene, you should drive over to Willow, CA and watch for awhile! Robb's bringing a cabana cover too. Doyle

Doyle...sounds like you got some good and trustworthy advice from the crew.

Will definitely look forward to your 'take' on the performance as advised, and even more to the track video!

:beerchug: Nice work, bro!

Have a great time, cant wait for the video. :thumbsup:

Can't wait to see the video of you riding Doyle! I am sure I can learn alot more from the video.

I will be at the Dentist in Corning tuesday a.m. so I will roll down to T-Hill after that, look for me there about 1 pm. :thumbsup:

I will be at the Dentist in Corning tuesday a.m. so I will roll down to T-Hill after that, look for me there about 1 pm. :thumbsup:

That's great Kent! Looking forward to your arrival. Remember to look for my truck (below). CU there! Doyle

P1000294.JPG

Cant wait for the 7th Doyle!...im so fired up to hit T-Hill and learn and grow as a better rider, im all set with new qualifiers and HH brakes as well just gotta load the bike in the truck and roll!....i will see ya monday night maybe you Karen and me can get something to eat when we get there:beerchug:

Cant wait for the 7th Doyle!...im so fired up to hit T-Hill and learn and grow as a better rider, im all set with new qualifiers and HH brakes as well just gotta load the bike in the truck and roll!....i will see ya monday night maybe you Karen and me can get something to eat when we get there:beerchug:

I'll just put my bike in the truck, I haven't registered the trailer yet and I don't want to deal with DMV on monday! I'll be at the motel at around 4-5 pm. Doyle

When you get to the track talk to the tire guys about what you're doing. They'll give you some good ideas about pressures.

Also if you haven't had this done talk to the suspension guy about setting it for your weight. Dialing the suspension to my (Considerable) weight made the biggest difference for me.

Biggest things are have fun, stay hydrated, and pay attention to how tired you are. I started making stupid mistakes toward the end of my day and sat out the last session because of it.

Back