Took the BMW Swimming

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
After giving Ali123 a quick American Constitution History Lesson yesterday morning (lol), I headed out on the BMW (Hayabusa is in pieces for the 10 year freshen up) for a quick ride. We had a big storm blow through on Friday night and I was amazed at the flooding. Almost all access to the best roads around this area were flooded. The BMW is a decent swimmer, you have to stand up to control all 750 lbs of her but it will wade through a foot of water no problem. This water was up to mid-door on a lifted pickup truck! Most of where I ride is swamp so the elevation is max sea level and often below it.

190420 Ride.jpg

After giving Ali123 a quick American Constitution History Lesson yesterday morning (lol), I headed out on the BMW (Hayabusa is in pieces for the 10 year freshen up) for a quick ride. We had a big storm blow through on Friday night and I was amazed at the flooding. Almost all access to the best roads around this area were flooded. The BMW is a decent swimmer, you have to stand up to control all 750 lbs of her but it will wade through a foot of water no problem. This water was up to mid-door on a lifted pickup truck! Most of where I ride is swamp so the elevation is max sea level and often below it.

View attachment 1597831
Hard core there. Flip flops may have been appropriate in this instance.

Reminds me of when a friend of mine took his ZX10 through 2 feet of water, he literally passed people in a john boat. It was inches from the ram air intake. And completely unnecessary, he could have gone around where it floods....

Back