Took the alien for a ride..

LadyHawk

w00t!!
Donating Member
Registered
Corroded Alien is in town, his dad is in the hospital and not doing well (send some good thoughts his way).. so we invited him to go for a ride today.

I grilled him extensivley about his motorcycle experience (
laugh.gif
), and then after some mulling over, I gave him the key to Bob. GJoker rode his Princess and I finally tried out our son's Gixxer 600.

We met up with Raider and OverEasy at the Marathon and headed out.. I don't know what Raider was looking at.. but it's the best I could do..
wink.gif

(Alien, GJoker, Raider, OverEasy)
Aliensvisit12.jpg

So we gossip for a bit..
Aliensvisit10.jpg

then decide to head out for a ride through the Florida Alps. We had a small hour break half way through, as GJoker's battery decided to take a sh... a uh.. well it stopped working. So after an hour pitstop to find a cycle place open on a Sunday that actually had a Busa battery, charging it, and installing it. We finally arrive at our little 50s diner..
Aliensvisit13.jpg

We wolfed down some grub, and lots of water and headed out for home... once again.. I don't know whats up with Raider.. but here he is with GJoker.
Aliensvisit14.jpg

We did have the waitress take a pic with all of us, but Corroded Alien has it on his camera. Hopefully he can get it uploaded this week.

All in all a good day, we seemed to skirt around all the rain, and only had a few wet roads to deal with. A little over 200 miles, and a great ride.

Oh, and as for the 600? I'm SO glad I bought a Busa. That thing is NOT good for people with bad backs. Although it was sporty and nimble and very quick in the corners.. the sitting position almost had me in tears by the time we got home. I couldn't get a comfortable spot on that seat to save my life.
I love my Bob!!  
biggrin.gif

Damn, Brenda, your quick. Hopefully Rus will have some time to download his pic as well. Way to hold your own on the 600 today as well...impressive.

Enjoyed riding with everyone. I'm sure we'll be doing it again.

-Keith

Gotta love those mini .org rides! Looks like it was fun!

It was a good ride~ Great to meet and ride with Keith (Over Easy) and Russ (Corroded Alien) and also good to ride with Jon (Raider) again~
smile.gif

I couldn't believe my ears when I heard Brenda offer Russ the key to 'Bob'! A very genorous offer for an Org member in town without his Busa~ Russ didn't hesistate to mount Bob right away... must be one of those 'Frisco things..
tounge.gif
 He did an excellent job piloting Brenda's bike just like a seasoned pro~ I'm sure these roads were a joke compared to what he rides out there in Cali... but it was good enough to take his mind away from why he's here for a bit~
wink.gif

All my best thoughts for your Dad and your family, Brother~ I hope he pulls through it and everything turns out fine...

I recognize a couple of those folks and the stomping grounds... Good Time!

...and Raider held true to his M.O. - no pics of him; he's hiding LOL

Good thoughts Dad's way and glad you guys took some time to meet up
smile.gif

Hey . . . At least she got my good side.  
tounge.gif

Actually you'd think people would appreciate my efforts to
save their cameras.  
wink.gif

cool.gif

laugh.gif

Its not a pretty sight when something THIS ugly
works over a camera.  
blush.gif
 (Pun intended)

Just hope everyone enjoyed an Over_Easy Outing as presented by Raider's Rides.

:pirate: Raider out.

1st post new board
P1488
Seems not all the smilies work.

Nice picture with the bikes lined up.

Hmmm, maybe he's afraid someone will recognize his picture from the post office?
wow.gif

Hey all... I really enjoyed riding "Bob". It is an action after all.

Nice long roads broken up by 90 degrees left the right, open sweepers and lite rolling hills. and that was in the sub division!

It was great riding with everybody. The way out was fun following everybody, then on the way back I relaxed a little and just enjoyed the roads. I think Brenda was going to have a fit when she saw me riding Bob thru the 90's one handed.

I am glad they had extra gear, the mesh jacket was perfect for the weather and the lite rain didn't bug me either.

Thanks again to Brenda and Greg. With any luck John will let me ride the RC-51 he has collecting dust this weekend.

OBTW - My father passed at sunset on Sunday evening, it was a great Florida beach sunset too.

(CorrodedAlien @ Sep. 06 2006,19:34) Hey all...  I really enjoyed riding "Bob".  It is an action after all.

Nice long roads broken up by 90 degrees left the right, open sweepers and lite rolling hills.  and that was in the sub division!

It was great riding with everybody.  The way out was fun following everybody, then on the way back I relaxed a little and just enjoyed the roads.  I think Brenda was going to have a fit when she saw me riding Bob thru the 90's one handed.

I am glad they had extra gear, the mesh jacket was perfect for the weather and the lite rain didn't bug me either.

Thanks again to Brenda and Greg.  With any luck John will let me ride the RC-51 he has collecting dust this weekend.

OBTW - My father passed at sunset on Sunday evening, it was a great Florida beach sunset too.
Sorry to here about your father, Rus.  From talking to you I believe you had already seen the writing on the wall, so to speak, so hopefully it softened the blow.  

I know you'll be busy dealing with everything.  If you're still here next weekend maybe we can all get together for round 2.  Maybe I'll get to see that RC-51 in Raider's garage in action...here that John?

BTW, I had a great ride the next morning with Diesel and Reslik.  Weather was perfect...not a drop of rain.  Dies' will be posting some good pics and a run in we had with the State LEO.

We actually hit "Happy Days" but it was closed (Labor Day).  You have my number if you're able to formulate something with Greg and Brenda and um, "Bob" or "RC" again for Sunday.

(CorrodedAlien @ Sep. 06 2006,22:34) I think Brenda was going to have a fit when she saw me riding Bob thru the 90's one handed.
Uh... only the first 10 times..
wow.gif

Sorry about your dad... let us know if there is anything you need.

(schroetf @ Sep. 03 2006,19:09) where are the florida alps? what roads?
Ancient Chinese Secret...

biggrin.gif

You'd have to ride with us one day.. no need letting the LEOs know our routes... but basically it's Pasco/Hernando/Citrus county backroads.. some call it the North Run.

Very sorry to hear about your Dad's passing, Russ~ I know things wern't the best between you two, but it's still a bit rough, I'm sure~ You know where to find us if you wanna stop by for a bit...

I've got the couple of pic's I took. I'll get them to you as soon as I have the patience to edit them down for the board.

Yes, if Raider is willing I'd like to go out this weekend (sat or sun) on the RC.

Rus

A few more pics from Russ' camera...

The whole gang:
thegang.jpg

Anyone notice they are lined up in the year order? '03 '04 '05 and two '06s. And it wasn't even planned!  
smile.gif

another gang shot:
thegang2.jpg

Waiting for the waitress to come take our pic.. I like to call the GJoker/Raider half "Yakkity Smakkity", and the Over Easy half "Let's Ride!"
yackity.jpg

And at the meeting spot. I'm laffing at the boys trying to line up.
I have no idea what the sign means "No Arking"??
laugh.gif

And no comments about my way too big jeans or I'll beat ya down  
tounge.gif

laffingattheboys.jpg

Back