Took one for the team....

Sounds like a fun day in the Florida hills!!  So what's the big deal with keeping up with GJoker?
rock.gif

biggrin.gif
Good question! I was just cruising through the twisties like I normally do~ We got to the end of the road, and while the guy on the ZX10 is being arrested I asked him if he wanted me to keep an eye on his bike until someone picked it up.. he looked at me all confused and says "What do you mean? You're in as much trouble as me, we was both racing." First I was like.. "We were racing??.. Good thing I didn't know or I might have not slowed down for the traffic!"  
rock.gif
Then I had to explain to him the reason he was being arrested and I wasn't was because he was passing traffic on a double yellow at a high rate of speed on a bike that wasn't in his name and he didn't even have an endorsment to operate said bike~
down.gif

rock.gif

This is so refreshing. Husband and wife out enjoying bikes and the company of friends. too many times I hear people b!tching about their spouse. Only thing that sux is the ticket. TKM and Gjoker, you guys are lucky !!!

Sounds like a fun day in the Florida hills!!  So what's the big deal with keeping up with GJoker?
rock.gif

biggrin.gif
Good question! I was just cruising through the twisties like I normally do~ We got to the end of the road, and while the guy on the ZX10 is being arrested I asked him if he wanted me to keep an eye on his bike until someone picked it up.. he looked at me all confused and says "What do you mean? You're in as much trouble as me, we was both racing." First I was like.. "We were racing??.. Good thing I didn't know or I might have not slowed down for the traffic!"  
rock.gif
Then I had to explain to him the reason he was being arrested and I wasn't was because he was passing traffic on a double yellow at a high rate of speed on a bike that wasn't in his name and he didn't even have an endorsment to operate said bike~
down.gif
What an idiot! I just re-read where diesel mentiond him saying "we were racing" in front of the officer!! I would have said something like.........ya buddy and you beat me by a friggin mile, my bike just couldn't get over the speed limit today
tounge.gif

I guess we better watch out for bears in the air down here too. Thank GOD there was none flying south of Mulberry yesterday!!

rock.gif

This is so refreshing. Husband and wife out enjoying bikes and the company of friends. too many times I hear people b!tching about their spouse. Only thing that sux is the ticket. TKM and Gjoker, you guys are lucky !!!
Thanks Mr. Brown! I was just saying this very thing to Diesel and Kevin when we was out riding a couple weekends ago~ Not only do we have spouses that take an interest in our addiction.. they also dive right into it along with us! So many times I've been on rides when everyone grabs their cell phone to check in at the stops~ Some of 'em even start crying about the spouse on the other end of the line dealing out grief for them being out while they're  stuck at home... which is understandable~ I just look at TKM, smile, and say... "come on baby, lets go tear up some asphalt!"  
tounge.gif

The flip side to this coin is the fear of having to see one or the other whipe out in front of you~ It's gotten easier for me since she's taken the MSF Coarse and really come a long way in the last year~ But there is still the fear of the stupid cager taking her out... I figure I must put the same fear in her head, so I can't stress too much on it and just try to have a great time together~  
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|GJoker
Reason for Edit: None given...|1114453754 -->

laugh.gif
I like the video!

Well, Kat, I would have been happy to do the same for my hubby...he can't afford any more points against him, so you certainly did take one for the team!

I sure hope GJoker's taking you out for a nice dinner, maybe buying you something nice for your bike?!
tounge.gif
cool.gif

whelp, out for a nice Sunday ride, Gjoker, me , Diesel, Spicy, BeeSting, Cindy and 2 guys Cindy knew.. one on a green ZX10r (who boasted up beating 2 busas  on straightaways..) all went for a Sunday ride. Going down a State road towards the twisities and GJoker decides to get the cobwebs out,... and the green ZX10 follows... I shake my head, I can tell this is gonna be a fast ride.

We get to the twisties, and GJoker and Green guy are gone, I think I see some chrome twinkling way up over a rise.. I'm behind them ,  the other dude on a CBR600 behind me and then Diesel and group behind him. I'm doing my damndest to keep up with GJoker and Green guy... no way is that happening ... (do you see where this is going?... No, ok hold on)

We pass this guy on a touring bike he is giving the signal for slow down. I do so for about 2 miles, I see nothing. No cops, no cars... fu-git about it..I twist th throttle some more.

At the end of the first twistie road, there is a place to pull over and wait for the rest. Gjoker is there, and green guy had pulled up to the stop sign and turned and came back.

As we are waiting for the rest, a cop comes straight at us, pulls in, gets out and points at me and green guy and says "I want your license and your license". Fug.

I hear him on the radio to the PLANE..(next time I gotta look UP) and they say, "Get that green guy! He passed 3 vehicles on a double yellow, speeding and wreckless. Silver was speeding."

(please look at my avatar.. notice it's a Copper/bronze color? NOT silver?  and please know that GJOKER rides a blue and SILVER bike.)

Yeah... I got the ticket.. for 94 in a 40. Fug.

Better off than the other guy tho...He was not the registered owner of the ZX10R and had no bike endorsement. They took him to jail.

BUT.. it wasn't even ME!!!  OK, OK, so maybe I MIGHT have been going OVER 40... But, but, but, it wasn't meeeeee!!

So I took one for the team, and we continued on our way. BeeSting has the video and the pics. He should post them soon.

Now it's time for me to  
all_coholic.gif
... I had a bad day!  
blush.gif

But one more quick thing.. at the next stop, I HAD to ask GJoker "You WERE in front of that ZX10 when all this happened, RIGHT?"  He said he was until they hit traffic, he slowed, the green guy passed them on the double yellow. I figure it was worth the $300 ticket , as long as he showed  that Green Guy Fug that Busa's ARE the fastest!!!
devil.gif
All in all it was a great ride, thanks for inviting me along and it was great to meet everybody.  Hopefully, we can all ride again soon.  Let's just choose a different route without eyes in the sky on us.  Thanks for letting a Honda join along for a day of fun!!  You guys are the greatest!!

Supergirl  (Cindy)

smile.gif
It was great having you along... and Welcome to the org!
cool.gif

You did very well out there~ You didn't get intimidated and try to push
pass your current limits, and you seem to be enjoying the ride~
I'm sure we'll do it again soon!!  
wink.gif

Never even seem to worry about any coppers being in the sky. Might have to watch out for that from now on, just in case. Hope everything works out.

Ya know ...
If ya just READ the warnings posted on yer OTHER board ...

You'd have known about the eye in the sky.
tounge.gif

Of course, I didn't see one LEO all day!
cool.gif

As per my PM, If I can help, let me know.

pirate.gif
Raider out.

<!--EDIT|RaiderDm
Reason for Edit: "1259"|1114490215 -->

For the curious, CR 583 Ehren's Cutoff has an aerial speed
trap painted on it approx 2/3rds of the way through when
heading NORTH. Just past the left kink, just before the
right sweeper leading past the 3 houses on the right side.
The road then goes through left - right esses then left
past the shooting range.

Bellamy Bros. also has an aerial speed trap marked out.
It is at the NORTH end of that long straight from SR 52.
Just before the church on the left before the 1st left  -
right, just after that road on the right by the historical marker.

Don't say Ol'Raider didn't warn ya!

pirate.gif
Raider out.

<!--EDIT|RaiderDm
Reason for Edit: "1260"|1114490900 -->

laugh.gif
  I like the video!  

Well, Kat, I would have been happy to do the same for my hubby...he can't afford any more points against him, so you certainly did take one for the team!

I sure hope GJoker's taking you out for a nice dinner, maybe buying you something nice for your bike?!  
tounge.gif

cool.gif
I'm thinking a nice foot rub or a massage
wink.gif

Ya know ...
If ya just READ the warnings posted on yer OTHER board ...

You'd have known about the eye in the sky.
tounge.gif

Of course, I didn't see one LEO all day!
cool.gif

As per my PM, If I can help, let me know.

pirate.gif
Raider out.
Yeh, but that was posted like 2 months ago..I didn't think they'd still be there!
down.gif

Thanks Raider.. now I'll be good... between the white marker lines anyway..
wink.gif
cool.gif

cool.gif

well i have to say that bites the big one but luckly your a women he might of pulled gjoke and hauled him in. Double the speed limit can get you easliey in jail lol. Lawer up and run for it dont have to point the finger at G but you do show it was the wrong bike.

rider out

Well, guilty was the verdict. Now I have to pay the ticket PLUS a $45 court fee..

The plane trooper had it out for sport bikes. I tried to prove that the ticket was given to the wrong bike...he would have said it was me if my bike was purple! He totally didn't tell the story how it happened... the trooper that gave me the ticket DID. But by the time the plane trooper was done, the judge was hating sport bikes too..

mad.gif

Screw them... next time I ain't stoppin!!!

OK, yes I will, but I'll freakin FLASH him if it gets me out of the ticket!
wow.gif

Flash him to get out of a ticket?! Hell, you should have thought about that sooner!!!
tounge.gif

Sorry Kat...wish the outcome had been better for you...
sad.gif

So you defended yourself? If so then that was your mistake, it could have been beaten with a good lawyer.

So you defended yourself?  If so then that was your mistake, it could have been beaten with a good lawyer.
Pay a $500 lawyer for a $300 ticket?.. nah...

I figure we were due. We've been riding for a year... and only one other ticket (that was just cruising to work). Gonna play, gotta pay.

Ive had a 105mph ticket less than 3 years ago and my record is squeaky clean. ..yep you gotta pay to play.
smile.gif

No more highway speeding for me though...the cop coverage is out of control...planes , undercovers, traps ...the interestate is no fun.
sad.gif

Back