Took off PC

GSXRFANN

FLUNKIE
Donating Member
Registered
Since I had my bike dyno'd and tuned, my bike has been WAY less consistent at the track. It would go 2 tenths either way. I don't understand why, but it did. So, I disconnected my PC3 and went back to my stock ECU and my bike was pretty much consistent throughout the day.
Heck, I am even thinking about putting the bike back to stock length and forgetting about it! Pisses me off that the dang thing wont run the numbers. When it was stock length, no air-shifter, no PC3, no, nitrous or anything it was a consistent 6:40. Now it is anywhere from a 6:45 to a 6:20. I would like to try my 2-step, but I dont have the ba*ls to dump the clutch at that high of an RPM without wheelie bars.
So it is either stock or wheelie bars and a air actuated clutch.

Any suggestions or ideas??:banghead:

Why did you put a PC3 is it a 08??? I read a thread that the PC3 didn't do well on the 08 an 09. Hope you get it worked out don't understand how it could be slower with NOS an stretch. :dunno:

pretty easy... (I think) What are the "Pre Tuning" vs "Post Tuning" ET's?

When you tune a motor for "max" performance, things get "tweaky" for lack of a better word.. your consistent runs are likely a tenth or three slower but stay the same..

A slightly over rich motor is much more consistent but a bit slower.. When you start making any machine "run its best" things start making bigger headaches.. Weather, track conditions, fuel quality all start to mean a lot more.. It also starts to put more load on the driver.. a missed timed shift can be 1/10 of a second if you are a few rpm's off.. the rich motor really does not care that much..

If bracket racing, i would rather run a straight 6 cyl 18 second station wagon over a 10 second street rod..

If it is an 08 you might want to consider PCV and AT module.....if I understand it correctly it should constantly tune your bike for you. Someone post up if I am getting this wrong please.

It may not be you or your bike-is your track that consistant? At my home 1/8th mile track whenever they have a special event like pro stocks or funny cars, and especially the Ozark Super Shifters,they will put down almost twice the normal VHT which are always big nites for breakouts. Then on test and tune nites, if we're lucky somebody might spill a coke to get things even a little sticky

It may not be you or your bike-is your track that consistant? At my home 1/8th mile track whenever they have a special event like pro stocks or funny cars, and especially the Ozark Super Shifters,they will put down almost twice the normal VHT which are always big nites for breakouts. Then on test and tune nites, if we're lucky somebody might spill a coke to get things even a little sticky
You wouldn't be talking about KCIR would you?:whistle:

So, then this is kind of normal?? I try to do the same exact thing every pass and shift by the light, but this was driving me crazy. I only use the NOS if I have had a bad light or spin, so the NOS really isn't the question here. But if I hook my shift light up to my airshifter, won't that shift my bike at the exact same point every time? Shouldn't that work to make my times more consistant?

Back