Took my recently purchased Gen II to the dragstrip

Lovingtheiron

Registered
Well took my busa out to the local track today to see what it could do. Not my first time on a track but im also not a particularly good driver. This run was on a dunlop qualifier on its last leg. I also had a full tank of gas and havent had time to get my bike to be tuned. Just has a "hindle full exhaust tune" off dynojets website. 9.40's was the final result but the bike has plenty more in it. I'm hoping to get my tune done this week as well as get my new tire mounted and i think even with my non driving ass on it i can get a 9.20 at 146+ imo. MUst say i absolutley love the Hayabusa

dragstrip.jpg

the beast.jpg

Pretty good MPH for the front half, I would have expected 148-150mph with that kind of 1/8 mile

Great time, I wish my no riding arse could pull a slip like that. Just out of curiosity , how much do you weigh ?

neat......really puts the pace of the genII with a few tweaks into perspective compared to cars........6.1 to 120mph is quick by any standard for something 100% road legal

Well took my busa out to the local track today to see what it could do. Not my first time on a track but im also not a particularly good driver. This run was on a dunlop qualifier on its last leg. I also had a full tank of gas and havent had time to get my bike to be tuned. Just has a "hindle full exhaust tune" off dynojets website. 9.40's was the final result but the bike has plenty more in it. I'm hoping to get my tune done this week as well as get my new tire mounted and i think even with my non driving ass on it i can get a 9.20 at 146+ imo. MUst say i absolutley love the Hayabusa

Sweet numbers for not having a good tune. As for the driving, just close your eyes and twist the wrist, count to 8 and then open your eyes again.

The bike is stretched 6 and is -1 in the front sprocket...Im 200lbs in full gear. I think the mph was being hurt for 2 reasons...tune and having a 200 Dunlop qualifier with 10 psi in it lol(only way I could get it to hook). I just took the bike and had it tuned over the weekend..it was making 181 and 103 ft/lbs of torque with the way I had it setup..after the tune im now making 189 and 108 to the wheel. I went with a 180/55 rear pilot power 2ct after reading that you can get a 180 to lay bigger contact patch on the track and save a few lbs

OH and im launching around 5-6 k and basicly dumping it and im shifting at redline. I run into the rev limiter a lot too. Still used to the tall gearing and 13.5k redline on my k5 1000 I guess lol. I had never run 9's before in my life before this. and my first run was a 9.6. I had been 10.1 on my 01 zx-9 and 10.4 on my k5 1000(stone stock) I was not expecting to just come out and the basicly the bike just run 9's with so little effort.

Back