Took my first trip to Deals Gap

It is pretty beautiful up there isn't it. Now I don't feel so bad only having to drive about 7 hours to get to the gap. I usually go about 3 times a year and for me it's part of what makes life worth living.

Ian
www.redlinestands.com

(dadofthree @ May 18 2007,09:57) Man I enjoyed the pics in the thread and plan on catching the rest of them. Maybe you can make our spring bash in '08. That's a rear tire trip.  
super.gif

Took my first trip a few weeks ago with a great group of homies and had a blast. I was surprised to find that most of the ride was in Tennessee; I'm a native of Hickory as well brother. ( smoke dawg )
I lived in Hickory 2 1/5 years from 89 - 91. Worked at Frye.
beerchug.gif

(Rayabusa0818 @ May 19 2007,17:52)
(dadofthree @ May 18 2007,09:57) Man I enjoyed the pics in the thread and plan on catching the rest of them. Maybe you can make our spring bash in '08. That's a rear tire trip.  
super.gif

Took my first trip a few weeks ago with a great group of homies and had a blast. I was surprised to find that most of the ride was in Tennessee; I'm a native of Hickory as well brother. ( smoke dawg )
I lived in Hickory 2 1/5 years from 89 - 91.  Worked at Frye.
beerchug.gif
I should have mentioned that my youngest child is a Hickory native.

(justin726 @ May 18 2007,06:12) Just thought I'd share with a few of ya a few pics from my trip to The Dragon this past weekend.  It was my first time to Deals Gap, or even that part of the country.

I left Juniata, Ne about 4AM Thursday morning and rode about 820 miles to my buddy's house in Guthrie, Kentucky.  I made it there a little after 6PM.  Weather was great until right before I got into Kentucky.  Then I ran into a little rain which turned into a downpour as soon as I hit Paducha, KY.  Stopped to let it ease up a little, but still rode for another 45 minutes in a steady rain until right before I got to my buddy's house.

My buddy rides a V-rod.  Him and I left his house the next morning and headed across Tennessee.  Weather was great that day and got into the Marysvill area around noon after about 4 1/2 hours of riding.  Stopped for a quick bite to eat then headed for The Dragon.

We made our way towards Deals Gap and made the standard stop at the overlook to snap a few pictures.  It was a great day with some great scenery.
DealsGapMay2007012.jpg

DealsGapMay2007001.jpg

DealsGapMay2007010.jpg

DealsGapMay2007008.jpg

We then proceeded up The Gap for my first time ever.  This thing is amazing.  To have a road that curvy and in that great of shape is amazing.  It was truly turn, after turn, after turn.  We finally made it to the top and hung out there for a while.
DealsGapMay2007017.jpg

DealsGapMay2007019.jpg
It's always fun to hear such great things about my part of the country from someone that just made their first visit. I live 90 miles from this spot.
beerchug.gif

How do you ride 2500 miles and your bike still looks that clean, heck I go out for a 300 mile ride and there are bugs all over the thing.

(manatrader @ May 20 2007,19:02) How do you ride 2500 miles and your bike still looks that clean, heck I go out for a 300 mile ride and there are bugs all over the thing.
Most of those pictures were even after I rode throgh the heavy rain. I just wiped off the bodywork with a couple towls quick and was good to go.

Plus there actually weren't too many bugs out there. We always seem to have a lot more here around home.

Back