Took it out 'n played with it...

BulletTrain

Call me Daddy...
Donating Member
Registered
Well, I took it out and played with it today. ( My busa, you perverts ;)  ) I played with the tips and pointers that you guys gave me in my "Leaning the bike" thread. Great stuff!

The three biggest improvements to my riding were:

1) Countersteering consciously... I now understand it fully. Gotta practice to get real good at it though.

2) Keeping my body centerline leaned further than the bike, to the inside of hard corners instead of leaning the bike further than my body. That was a biggie.

3) Transfering more of my weight to the front during hard cornering. Prolly made the biggest difference out of these three things.

I found a nice, clean hard 25 MPH corner on a road that I know has VERY little traffic and made passes both ways. I worked my speeds up to around 50-55 through it comfortably. I'm nowhere near ready to just hit an unknown road and throttle through it like some of you prolly could but I'm getting a good feel for the busa and how it likes to be ridden. Hell, I might make it as as a rider yet!    :super:

A big hulkin' thanks goes out to those of you who took the time to help a rookie get a good start on life with a sport bike. As I've said before, this is my first sport bike. You guys have made my busa experience a real pleasure so far. :beerchug:

I mentioned my chicken strips in the other thread. Here's what they look like after a good 100 miles of cornering practice today.  :super:

Right rear chicken skrip...

chickenstrip_rr.jpg

Also meant to say that I upped my fastest top speed during today's ride. I took 'er up to 55 ;) on a long, clean, smoove str8 away with no driveways or intersections. It was just too perfect a day and section of road to pass up!

Also meant to say that I upped my fastest top speed during today's ride. I took 'er up to 55 on a long, clean, smoove str8 away with no driveways or intersections. It was just too perfect a day and section of road to pass up!

Speed limit? 45MPH   :devil:  :super:
Too Kool!!!    :cool:

Good thing you were off duty...you WERE off duty right???

;)

Edited by request.

Ya might wanna considering upgrading to some real rubber instead of those stock slipstones. You'll be amazed at the difference. :cool:

Its the rear strips that matter. Because the front turns you almost always lose its strips 1st.

Yah, I was off... ;)

I am prolly gonna try a set of Pirelli Diablos when these wear out. I've read good things about 'em. I think Ninja Eater got a set and really liked 'em. I plan to get wheels at some point. I'll prolly run the stockers til then unless they wear out first.

Some reason I can't get rid of the strips on the front. Still have about 1/4 inch of virgin rubber on both sides of it. The rear is all used though so don't know. Either way I am having a blast with it and staying safe 90% of the time so can't really complain too much. Maybe once I hit a track day I will be able to get rid of them. Or I could just get tired of them and go out and try for it but they don't bother me that much right now so not worried about it

Some reason I can't get rid of the strips on the front. Still have about 1/4 inch of virgin rubber on both sides of it.  The rear is all used though so don't know.  Either way I am having a blast with it and staying safe 90% of the time so can't really complain too much.  Maybe once I hit a track day I will be able to get rid of them.  Or I could just get tired of them and go out and try for it but they don't bother me that much right now so not worried about it
Yeah, I'm not worried about the chicken strips, I just found it interesting how easily they shrunk using better riding techniques. There's no way I'll do anything stupid just to get rid of the strips. They don't bother me in the least. :cool:

Back