Took a trip to goldenchilds

turbojonn

Registered
Golden child (Daniel) offerred to help out on mapping my Busa for me. He's about 4 hours away. I had always wanted to see his shop an d stop by for a visit to I loaded up the bike and heades out. My brother wanted to come along too so I stopped by and picked him up. The first pick is the bike loaded up at about 5:30 in the a.m.

DSCN0271.jpg

Then I head out to my brothers and transpfer the trailer to his truck (he has a better stereo AND XW radio (O and A rule!).

DSCN0274.jpg

HE'S CLOSED!!!! NO!!! no way!! I hope this is a joke!!
sad.gif
If not...sorry!!

GOOD!! I posted too soon!

<!--EDIT|05bulldog
Reason for Edit: "posted too soon"|1154375525 -->

Daniel got the bike to respond to a new map. This may not sound like much, but I've been trying to get the bike to this point for almost a year. It had electrical glitches that had prevented it from accepting a map. I was pretty pumped when I rolled the throttle right past 3500 rpm and there was no longer a rough spot!

<!--EDIT|turbojonn
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154391733 -->

DSCN0294.jpg

Boring rocks! The map was just a temporary one, meant to see if it was responding. It turns out the bike made almost 90 hp less that it did last time I dyno'd it. I rebuilt the fme and had it at two other shops so alot could have happened. It didn't want to make power over 8k. We kind of ran out of time to try more. Daniel thought it might be slipped cams. I'll know what's going on in a week or so. They wa I puss around on the thing I never would have noticed the lack of power past 8k. Now that I know it has an issue I WILL find it and fix it. It might even be the fuel pressure. I had it jacked up way too far. Here's me being told there's some hp missing.

<!--EDIT|turbojonn
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154391756 -->

DSCN0285.jpg

Well John, it seems that you like tinkering with your bike, so I assume you are enjoying yourself and the progess your bike is making.

Myself, id have dumped that thing a long , long time ago ..but we are different kind of riders I suppose.

As long as you are having fun , thats all that really matters.
cool.gif

Bentvalve, is this one of your 'drive by' postings? The one's where you say something jinflamatory and then never look at the post again? I'm on to you Mr! (HA HA)

Back