Took a trip to Cycle Gear Yesterday and?...

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
Had'em spoon a new Q2 rear on...on sale...$107 for the tire..$20 to M&B.

Bought a new Supreme/Extra Longlife DuraBoost Battery..$84.95 but rang down too..$69 w/ my 10% off military discount.

and here was the cool one...

Finally started giving a serious look at buying a "Battery Tender"..$39.95 for the Jr. model and an additional $6.95 for the pigtail/extension...then the dude at cycle gear tells me..

"Check out the Yuasa Tenders man...we gott'em on sale for $29.95 and they come w/ the pigtail/extension annnnnd?...and lil portable jumper cable arrangement that plugs right in to extend gator clips."

w/ my 10% Mil discount?...$26...sold...installed...love it...think it's actually better than the Bat Tender Jr...has 3 leds instead of one to indicate on/charge/storage mode...real good deal..very happy with it.

L8R, Bill. :cool:

sounds like you got some good discounts there bro.

I'm happy...all needs...no wants..but still good deals on all of it..the only thing i hate about going to cycle gear is i always wind up buying more than what i went there for..and all cause of the great deals. i'm always like..

:thumbsup: :banghead: :bowdown: :banghead: :thumbsup: :banghead: :bowdown:

leaving there. :laugh:

They had the Yuasa on sale at Thanksgiving for $19.99 bought 4.

Cool...and from what i'm seeing?..i think Yuasa is gonna put a hurt on the folks at "battery tender"...just seems to me to be a better product for a lower price..and i love the 3 multi color leds for AC/Charging/Storage modes..battery tender has (1)..and?..the Yuasa Unit charges at 900milliamps while bat tender charges at 800..i guess yuasa is just a bigger badder outfit as their product quality and packaging seems a cut above as well...i'm happy with it. :)

Cool...and from what i'm seeing?..i think Yuasa is gonna put a hurt on the folks at "battery tender"...just seems to me to be a better product for a lower price..and i love the 3 multi color leds for AC/Charging/Storage modes..battery tender has (1)..and?..the Yuasa Unit charges at 900milliamps while bat tender charges at 800..i guess yuasa is just a bigger badder outfit as their product quality and packaging seems a cut above as well...i'm happy with it. :)
So Bill we convinced you of the benefits of a tender after all eh? :laugh: Keep your bike plugged in all the time you're not riding it, spring summer fall and winter, and if that is a decent battery it should last you 6-7 or more years. I've heard of 10-11 years on batteries. A bud got 11 years out of his stock zx11 battery.......no bull :thumbsup: He also lives in a warm year round climate though too. That little tender is going to save you a wad of cash and lots of time replacing batteries and resetting clocks etc on your bike every season or 2. And you're bikes always going to start up instantly like you just ran her yesterday, no matter what the temps, ready to rip :bowdown: Welcome to the club :beerchug:

Last edited:
I dunno guys... I bought my battery tender Jr from CycleGear about 2 years ago during their annual New Years sale. I think it's plenty good, and can't justify buying this Yuasa tender.

BTW, if you're gonna store the bike over the winter, a good idea would be to remove your battery and bring it inside and throw it on the tender to avoid cold climate.

So Bill we convinced you of the benefits of a tender after all eh? :laugh: Keep your bike plugged in all the time you're not riding it, spring summer fall and winter, and if that is a decent battery it should last you 6-7 or more years. I've heard of 10-11 years on batteries. A bud got 11 years out of his stock zx11 battery.......no bull :thumbsup: He also lives in a warm year round climate though too. That little tender is going to save you a wad of cash and lots of time replacing batteries and resetting clocks etc on your bike every season or 2. And you're bikes always going to start up instantly like you just ran her yesterday, no matter what the temps, ready to rip :bowdown: Welcome to the club :beerchug:

Thanks bud..but actually?..i cried my battery woes as i was trying to convince myself to buy a tender to the cycle gear guy telling him i've gone through 3 batteries in my '03 busa..(2) yuasas and the last one was a real pos.."bikemaster"..didnt even last 2 full years...and his response was..that's pretty typical..as untended bike batteries typically only last 2-3 years down here in south florida's heat...and he's correct..but this last "bikemaster" battery (i hadta buy in a pinch) really $ucked...shouldnt have any problems with the new one though especially since i finally got wise..broke down..and dropped a whopping $26 on a yuasa tender! :laugh:

I dunno guys... I bought my battery tender Jr from CycleGear about 2 years ago during their annual New Years sale. I think it's plenty good, and can't justify buying this Yuasa tender.

BTW, if you're gonna store the bike over the winter, a good idea would be to remove your battery and bring it inside and throw it on the tender to avoid cold climate.

1. Mike..i'm by no means attempting to lure guys with bat tenders to upgrade to yuasa...i'm sure they both accomplish the same..i just liked the yuasa better for both price and performance and..

2. It's the south florida "Heat" and not "Cold" that's been killing my batteries over the years...check it out..

Hot Weather the True Culprit Behind Car-Battery Trouble | Welcome to CarCare.org

and i'm prolly guilty of over-charging (several times a year from dead)..as the meter on my old school charger hasnt worked in years..i just been guessing at it! :laugh:

but on the 27th of this month?...i'll of been clean & sober for 5 months...time to start do'in things right instead of stupid. :laugh:

L8R, Bill. :cool:

Is the Yuasa unit a float charger or a desulphator? I STRONGLY recommend the Battery Minder which uses pulse circuitry to automatically break up the sup hate crystals that are the main cause of dead batteries. I've had a unit like this forever and have used it on motorcycle, car, and airplane batteries. It won't rescue everything, but I've brought more than one battery completely back from the dead with it.
Amazon.com: BatteryMINDer Charger/Maintainer/Desulphator - 1.3 Amp, 12 Volt, Model# 12117: Automotive
this includes the one in my Busa which is still going strong.
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/general-bike-related-topics/134209-stone-dead-batt-long-technical-ideas.html

Last edited:
Back