Too old for a busa

dezzy7

Registered
At what age do you think you will park the busa for the last time, and what bike will you roll out on then?
rock.gif
Cruiser, tourer, bicycle?
rock.gif
?

rock.gif

At what age do you think you will park the busa for the last time, and what bike will you roll out on then?
rock.gif
Cruiser, tourer, bicycle?
rock.gif
?
Ah come on Dez. I will turn 59 on the 19th and I am no where near giving up riding the Busa. I have a touring Harley also, but it sits in the garage most of the time. The Busa is so much fun to ride it is getting harder and harder to get the Harley on the road. May end up selling it and just having the Busa I like it so much. And being retired, I can ride every day. I am enjoying my life right now.

rock.gif

When I can no longer lift my leg over the tail section. If I have to string up a pulley to the garage door opener to lift my but up and place me on the bike, I can design anything!!! I am sometimes a little lazy on the fabrication end though. As long as I can still hold it up at the stop lights, pull the clutch, and use the brakes effectivly, I'll be riding.

Later,

Steve

Already planning on my next purchase.......
Honda-Goldwing! This has nothing to do with getting to old. Did I mention I'm only 35............
Not a replacement, merely an option.

Age and Old are two different things.

You never have to get old, but you will age.

As for when I'll give up my Busa? I am thinking right now that I never will. If I get too decrepit to ride I'll probably park it over in the corner of my living room as an Industrial Art piece and get myself a turbo'd weasel...

Seriously I see adding to the collection but not ever replacing the beast.

When I am physically no longer able to ride a cycle, or the race position is too tuff on my aging body or whatever, then I'll get something 'nicer' like the FJR1300 or Honda thinger. That FJR1300 is nothing to shirk at, it's an R1 with larger engine, higher [comfortable] bars, nicer amenities. I should get one and have it painted exactly like the latest R1!!!! hahahhahha!! Revlis, can you PHOTOSHOP me something like that??

I will also be giving up my car keys when I should as I will not be one of those cranky gray hairs that demands their right to drive around a 2 ton boat I can barely see out of over the steering wheel, let alone maneuver properly.

- too scents

When I am physically no longer able to ride a cycle, or the race position is too tuff on my aging body or whatever, then I'll get something 'nicer' like the FJR1300 or Honda thinger.  That FJR1300 is nothing to shirk at, it's an R1 with larger engine, higher [comfortable] bars, nicer amenities.   I should get one and have it painted exactly like the latest R1!!!! hahahhahha!!   Revlis, can you PHOTOSHOP me something like that??

I will also be giving up my car keys when I should as I will not be one of those cranky gray hairs that demands their right to drive around a 2 ton boat I can barely see out of over the steering wheel, let alone maneuver properly.

- too scents
You smell something??? Too scents

Yeah I can probably do up an Fj1300 in R1 colors...but that 'Nicer' comment...I dunno...doesn't sit well...

I'm 26 and I had my baby for 3 years already. But once I'm ready to give in and can't take it anymore. My plans will be a Boss Hoss!! Yeah baby. The Corvette V8!! I've driven one and its on hell of bike. Doesn't corner for sh!t...but in a straight line it's one bad mofo!

flrider, you def. have your head screwed on straight. I'm approaching 50 and still hanging 1 cheek off of the seat. There are several others sitting sitting in the garage for cruisin' but for an adrenaline rush, the busa is the bike of choice! Riding for 37 years, 27 bikes and still counting.
Todd in Cincy

flrider, you def. have your head screwed on straight. I'm approaching 50 and still hanging 1 cheek off of the seat. There are several others sitting sitting in the garage for cruisin' but for an adrenaline rush, the busa is the bike of choice! Riding for 37 years, 27 bikes and still counting.
Todd in Cincy
At least you are still approaching.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
I turned 50 in Feb. Like I said before now i go backwards in time @ every + 200mph run. I should be 38 by next birthday.
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Todd in Cincy
At least you are still approaching.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
 I turned 50 in Feb.  Like I said before now i go backwards in time @ every + 200mph run.  I should be 38 by next birthday.
biggrin.gif
I never have figured out your math NE.

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Back