too much oil

2006busa

Registered
i just changed my oil and was woundering if will hurt the bike if its over full past the top of the sight on the side of the clutch cover???

im going to take some out tomorrow morning b4 i ride it but i had to ride it a couple days with it over full. i just woundered if it could have any adverse affects on anything

I as well always put in 4. I wouldn't see where an extra 1/4 would be a big problem. If it makes you feel better then drain a little.

well maybe im just being paranoid but it sounds like there is a high frequency tick now after i put the new oil in. i quess i just wanted some opinions on it its probably nothing just me being paranoid

I would be with you if you said "I put in 4 qts is that to much?" But 4 and 1/4 might deam a draining, just because the book calls for 3.78 (give or take) and putting in 4.25 is almost 1/2 qt to much. Personally if I know I goofed and it is an easy fix I just fix it. But I am a little anal about my bike. Just my 2 cents, sorry if I come off as a jerk....but it is realllllllyyyyyy early in the am. :beerchug: and good luck

With 4 qts in mine is just above the sight glass, and it works fine.
I wouldn't use any more than 4, it is not needed.

Back