Too Much Oil Pressure/oil Leaking V1.2

812Supa

Registered
This goes along with my earlier post of Turbo Busa having some oil coming out of the intake side of the turbo.

How many people out there when doing a turbo kit removed the oil plug/regulator that sits basically inside the oil filter on the block?

Was wondering if removing this could be causing my problem, since there is probably more oil pressure that is allowed to flow.

I have reduced the amount of oil coming out due to someone suggesting a one way valve on the return line, but not 100%, and it may never be.

you can always reduce the amount of oil going into the turbo with a restrictor.
I assume its a BB turbo which need very little oil.

you can always reduce the amount of oil going into the turbo with a restrictor.
I assume its a BB turbo which need very little oil.
Yes, it is BB. However I already have two restrictors, and the only problem is no one really knows.....how little oil is too little?

I have a 20 tho restrictor on top of the turbo. I also have a check valve.
Ultimately oil isn't being pulled out fast enough for what's being pushed in.
This assumes nothing is functionally wrong with the turbo

I have a 20 tho restrictor on top of the turbo. I also have a check valve.
Ultimately oil isn't being pulled out fast enough for what's being pushed in.
This assumes nothing is functionally wrong with the turbo
Good to know. Now going back to my original question. When you installed your kit did you remove a plug inside the oil filter area?

Yes always if removing the cooler
Is the oil backing up from the drain side to need the check valve ?
I have on occasion return the oil above oil level and have fitted a check valve on supply side , but most try and get gravity working for me

Yes always if removing the cooler
Is the oil backing up from the drain side to need the check valve ?
I have on occasion return the oil above oil level and have fitted a check valve on supply side , but most try and get gravity working for me
Not that I can tell, It may be while under full throttle, but hard to see while riding, in the driveway definitely not.

Back