Too much fun

Bronto

Registered
Having too much fun for one person. Today a group ride that lasted all day and 350 miles mostly twisties. I volunteered Sweeper for a group of 12 riders. The sweeper is very serious job. But one can mess around back there trying different things, no one thinks your nuts, cause they don't see it
biggrin.gif

Obviously the Busa can turn very well. Powering out of corners busa does real nice. During the group ride breaks, checking the tires. Damn there's spalding on the turning edges of the tires. Only seen this type of spalding on track bike tires. This on a harder rubber compond of a higher mileage tire. Couldn't capitalize on extra bit of umph, cause would of ran into back of rider ahead. But messing around with that one aspect was great.
Heh found myself letting cars pull in front, just so I could pass em
biggrin.gif
When there wasn't cars to pass, Short spurts of speeds in short distances with a corresponding hard breaking.
Didn't want show up any of the other riders during accelerations. Many occasion they all floored it. From moderate distance back and using depth perception. Busa started to act like a predator, those bikes ahead could not get away for the life of em.
The gig was up when once during pass of a few cars. I allways let rider ahead clear a few cars before passing. The one time, must of forgot and passed at the same time. He passed perhaps got up to 70-90 mph, the Busa got going allot faster then that. So it closed the distance very quick during the passing. BTW the cars were doing 60-70 mph. Amazing how a Busa can do that. Those Sportbikes are full blown preformance machines in their own right.
Before getting the impression I'm some kind of squid. It's all very calculated and in control. Nothing all day put anyone in danger including the cars. Wasn't anytime thought the Busa got out of hand. Using power while in 3rd gear and mostly used fourth.
On the ride I enjoy the scenery, the road. This last ride was 100% enjoying the Busa and what it does, it's incredible. Power is very intoxicating.

biggrin.gif

Oh Sure, Bright sunny day, canyon roads, good pack of bikes...  Just keep rubbin that salt in there buddy...
smile.gif

Glad you guy's had a good safe ride today...Me too..today...100+ miles, 50 miles of very twisty highway..rode by myself..Michelin Pilot Sports were awsome..Yea it's a big heavy bike--but lower it 3/4"---It's all GOOD...Monitor Pass hy89...in Cali.

Back