Too close encounter with a deer

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
I didn't want to mess up my trip thread with this but figured you'd all want to know anyway. Saturday afternoon on a lonely section of hiway 1, riding along about 60+ a large deer ran across my front from the left (right as I was about to pass) I mean she was (real) close. As she got to me and I hit the brakes very fast, taking my speed down to about 50, she leaped high above about a foot in front of my fairing and as she came across to my right, I could see her (undertail) as it cleared my right blinker post. I do believe that if she hadn't leaped over instead of trying to run in front, we would have collided at about 50 mph! Sadly, no pics but it was a hell of an experience. The closest I've ever come on a bike to actually hitting one of those forest rats!

so you can tell us if it was male or female by the under view? :rofl:

(glad you dodged that bullet..)

I hate deer, unless they are covered and smothered on the plate.

Glad nothing serious happened to you. I haven't had any run-ins with dear yet, but yesterday somebody lost a hubcap and it rolled out in front of me into my lane. Was the weirdest thing. I only normally see hubcaps on the sides of roads not in my lane cutting across, lucky for me I was only going 35mph and was able to avoid it, could have done alittle damage, who knows...

close call bro... we have deer everywhere here too. I put 2 deer whistles up under the front fairing and so far they've worked well. I have come across 4 or 5 of those critters in the last month or so, and every time, they have stopped in their tracks, turned, and ran in the opposite direction of me :thumbsup:

(It's either the whistles or my pipes :laugh:)

Are the dear whistles visible or hidden, sounds like a good idea, I'm sure I could find a good spot to put those, I'll have to remember that the next time im at walmart.

Hidden... just under the nose (headlight), and back till flush with the orange rim underneath... can't see em unless you're looking for em

Back