1busa

Registered
:confused:.......

http://www.bikeexif.com/ducati-ncr

The new ICON 1000 MH1000 jacket
CAFE RACERSBOBBERSSCRAMBLERSCLASSICSHOW TO GUIDESSHOP

DUCATI NCR M16
ducati-ncr-m16.jpg

This is one of those motorcycles that’s going to make it onto websites that don’t normally feature motorcycles. It’s exotic and terrifyingly quick, and it’ll cost as much as the GDP of a small African nation. It’s called the ‘Millona 16’ and it’s the latest road missile from NCR—the wraps came off just a few hours ago at the Misano racetrack, at the World Ducati Week event.

NCR takes a $72,500 Desmosedici D16RR straight off the factory floor, transports it round the corner to its neighboring Bologna factory, and makes it lighter and more powerful. And a lot faster.

ducati-ncr-m16-2.jpg

It’s easy to see where the money goes: carbon fiber is everywhere on the M16, and that includes load-bearing parts such as the frame, swingarm and wheels. The fuel tank, fairing, tail and fenders are carbon too. Mechanical parts are either titanium, right down to the bolts, or ‘avionic grade’ aluminum.

ducati-ncr-m16-3.jpg

A stock 989cc V-four Ducati motor sends around 175 horsepower to the back wheel, but NCR has tuned the M16 to send “200+ hp” to the tarmac. Current-generation MotoGP suspension helps get that power down, and the M16 also uses race-style electronics with traction control, data recording and user-selectable maps. Without gas, weight is a claimed 319 lbs (145 kg), which is 15% lighter than the stock D16RR. (That’s even lighter than the regulation 330 lb minimum of a four-cylinder MotoGP bike.) The only unanswered question is the price—but for the collectors and enthusiasts who will buy the M16, that won’t matter.

ducati-ncr-m16-4.jpg

They’ll be able to say they own ‘the most exclusive motorcycle in the world‘.

ducati-ncr-m16-5.jpg

ducati-ncr-m16.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The weight to power ratio of this bike is insane :shocked:

I can’t even imagine how a bike like this would handle???? I know the looks leave something to be desired but I came half a signature away a few years back from buying an 1199 Matte Black Panigale..... I really dig that raw finished look and I bet the bottom was left open to show off that’s gorgeous engine and help cool off that thermonuclear engine!!! I’m still amazed how much heat that Panigale V4 put off on a cool spring day. It would be unrideable in the summer. And that’s coming from a guy who rides a big air cooled H-D touring bike :fire:

The late great Nicky Hayden mentioned how different he found his GP mount vs his AMA bikes. Turning in, leaning, flicking and acceleration was kind of ahead of him at first. So light. Imagine how we would feel taking a lap on a GP bike.

Looks awesome in pictures and numbers are out there but didn't they try the steering head made out of carbon fiber and couldn't figure out how to get it to work right on the GP race bike years ago even with some of the best riders back when.

Hi So it starts at $72500.00? Add a lot more money and you get a bike that will be slower than a turbo Busa.

Slower in what regard??? If your talking on a drag strip or a long straight patch of highway then yeah it would be slower. But on a track.... Fuhgettaboutit!!!!:D Back country road or a canyon carver switchback all that Turbo HP would be absolutely useless....

Had this discussion with someone else obsessed with Turbo HP. Big numbers are great when all you gotta do is twist the throttle and hold on for dear life. That is until you come to a turn then that weight and power become a hinderace more than a benefit

Of course I need one of these!!!!! It is Nasty.
Hi. Do not get me wrong, I love corners too. had a road car that could corner at above 1G and the LOLA that did 3Gs. Had my 98 Saturn sw2 tail hung out 90 degrees the other day. I still drive to fast.. At 70 in a few weeks I am not as fast as I was at 25. So now just straight line for me. But even at 12 over and low I still love switch backs.

Back