Tony Stewart kills driver in race last night.

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
I know you can hear the engine rev, but he could have been trying to get out of the guys way. "if that was even his car that you can hear rev up" Not sure, I'm sure there will be many more videos and more evidence that comes out soon. Too bad a 20 year old had to die due to his own negligence.

I have to say, I don't like how the headlines ready Tony Stewart kills a driver. Yes, the guy died, but the headlines make it seem like he set out to kill him. Maybe it should read. Kevin Ward Jr. dies in a horrible accident involving Tony Stewart.

Everyone is pointing the fingers already.

no charges, and shame on the 20 year old driven by rage and testosterone....I'll shake my fist at you on a live track....that didn't work out so well for him.

reving doesn't mean anything. Could just be instinctual rev matching as he downshifted.

The guy had no business running around lunging at race cars on the track. He paid an unfair price for his actions, but life isn't about fairness.

I think we can all agree that the kid would still be alive had he not got out.
But Tony certainly wasn't on the brakes. And 'Red Misting' someone is a popular thing to do on dirt tracks.
I think he tried to spray the kid with mud and it went horribly wrong.

I think we can all agree that the kid would still be alive had he not got out.
But Tony certainly wasn't on the brakes. And 'Red Misting' someone is a popular thing to do on dirt tracks.
I think he tried to spray the kid with mud and it went horribly wrong.

Good point, but we'll never know.

Sad day for sure. I read that the driver in front of Stewart had to swerve to miss Ward, so it could be that Stewart was caught with not enough time to react. But, who knows? The police will investigate, and I read that they will consult with the District Attorney.

Hey, the guy was just emulating the kind of crap Tony Stuart does. Guess there's only room for one supreme A' hole in racing. All joking aside, I doubt he purposely tried to hit the guy. I'm sure the investigation will reveal the truth. If it even looks like he is capable it won't go well for him.

My condolences to all involved.
The way the right wing sideboard hangs down, there is limited visibility at that angle after the car in front cleared him. You would have to sit in or drive one to really understand. I just can't believe Tony Stewart would purposely strike him. Spit some dirt on him after he went by, sure. It looks to me the right rear caught him or his suit and pitched him forward to be then caught by the nerf-bar and dragged.

reving doesn't mean anything. Could just be instinctual rev matching as he downshifted.

These cars do not have a transmission. They are a direct drive with only coupler within the rearend to place them in and out of gear.

calling that criminal is laughable! stupid punk shud have stayed in his car where was safe. but no he wants to be a tough guy and exit his car and walk into the path of travel of another race car and lunge at his car and as a result gets run over. wat a joke!

Prayers to the victim's families.

We all make mistakes. Usually they don't kill us - other times they do. :banghead:

When someone walks out on the the expressway and then gets hit, it is not the drivers fault.

This might be called the ultimate - being in the wrong place at the wrong time. So sad he had to die. :down:

Man vs Car........ Car wins AGAIN :banghead:

I wonder how many of these "tuff guys" that drive around in a circle for hours are gonna get out of their vehicles and pound on hoods & throw helmets now??

Chit jus got real :whistle: maybe now drivers will just drive.....

This tragedy would not have happened if Kevin Ward Jr. had stayed in calm and realized racing happens. Is this sad?..yes but this was 100% caused by the actions of the deceased. Pretty stupid to be out challenging cars at night on a poorly lit track in a black fire suit and helmet.

Yeah, it stinks for all involved, no matter how you dice it up...bottom line, driver, stay in your car. I would imagine new rules will come from this incident, and unless your car is on fire, you'd better not think it's a great idea to get out and run in front of speeding cars.

It's a shame this guy's anger cost him his life; so not worth it :down:

Rule #1 in racing, NEVER EVER under any circumstances go out onto a hot track. The kid walked into the track and towards cars, that is why he was killed. Also, those cars do not steer like normal cars, you have to use the gas to steer them hence, why people heard the driver opening the throttle.

In any case...the driver who was hit walked onto and then towards cars...what did he expect? I do not mean to sound cold however, this was something that could have easily been prevented and instead, he brought this upon himself. I am not a Nascar fan nor do I know anything about the driver who hit him but from a race incident, this was the fault of the driver who walked onto and then into a race line on a hot track.

I normally do not walk onto the firing range while it's hot just after a confrontation with another shooter...

Sad day to watch a 20 year old kid commit suicide because his anger got the best of him..I can't imagine how the family feels. And will Stewart be able to be the same on the track after that..No damn race is worth dying over out of anger.

I would imagine Tony might think twice the next time he's tempted to get out of his car and throw something at an oncoming car.

My condolences to all involved.
The way the right wing sideboard hangs down, there is limited visibility at that angle after the car in front cleared him. You would have to sit in or drive one to really understand. I just can't believe Tony Stewart would purposely strike him. Spit some dirt on him after he went by, sure. It looks to me the right rear caught him or his suit and pitched him forward to be then caught by the nerf-bar and dragged.

That's what I saw/heard. Looks to me like Stewart tapped the gas to spit some dirt on him, but both miscalculated. Note to self, if you want to kick another driver's azz, wait til he gets OUT of the car before you get out of yours...

Back