Tombo Racing motor build videos

Thanks for posting that link...worth watching if you want to tear into your engine

Hopefully by late next week we will have the fourth segment done where Tommy puts the head together and degrees the valves.

Tommy and the vids make it look easy and it may well be, but understand this man has probably built hundreds or maybe even a thousands of Busa motors and has been at this for probably four decades, and worked with Vance Hines. So understand it's probably not easy.

Great post :bowdown:

Tommy and the vids make it look easy and it may well be, but understand this man has probably built hundreds or maybe even a thousands of Busa motors and has been at this for probably four decades, and worked with Vance Hines. So understand it's probably not easy.

Great post :bowdown:

You are right. Tommy makes it look really easy. He has forgotten more stuff than most of us know. He used to hang out at American Honda Racing when he was 8-9-10 years old, cleaning their shop and watching what they did. He worked for Byron Hines when Tommy was a teenager, learning tricks of the trade from him. So he has been doing this for well over 30 years. I am having fun helping him with the videos and his web site. He is a blast to know and I just felt he needed help in sharing his huge amount of knowledge with others, so that is what we are doing. Glad you enjoy!

Those videos are awesome! When I'm done I feel like sending him my bike for a 1441 conversion. But then my wallet brings me to reality! He really does make it look easy. That's a guy who is a master at what he does.

Awesome vids. I'm damn glad I ran across them. I sure would appreciate the rest of the vids. A tranny issue is causing me to pull the motor. 1441 seems logical at this point.

We are working on the next video right now. It is all about valves. Ever wonder why one motor makes just a bit more power than another? Often it has to do with the skill and experience of the person porting the heads and working on the valves. Not all valve jobs are the same. Our next video shows the differences in a 3 face and 5 face valve job. Tommy explains how a millimeter here and a millimeter there in the valve area can have a significant and noticeable effect on your power output. It's all about head flow. The more air you can flow through the engine, and more specifically the engine head, the more horsepower you can make. It takes many years of experience and lavish attention to detail to port a head so that you win races and championships. As Tommy likes to say, the best dyno in the world is competition at the drag strip.

i can imangine he is the type that knows the way he does stuff works, and if you work for him and try to stray from the way he does stuff, he would get slightly upset lol

hats off to tommy for a very informative video collection...if I had the coin either he or schnitz would be making my baby very happy

Back