Tombo Racing Insights

MLSDUKE1

Live from Mom's basement
Registered
I, with my family in tow, went to Tombo Racing in Oklahoma City, OK yesterday. I left my house in Clovis, NM at 5 am and got there at about 11:30 OK time. Long trip, yes! Luckily, the kids slept most of the way and Katie, the wif, didn't complain too much. Anyways, we get there and find the shop in the back of a long row of buildings. I go in and I'm instantly impressed! There are Busa's and 1000's up on lifts and motors galore. I got a pretty good tour of the shop by JB and we talked about the different things that they can do there which is pretty much anything.

We talked for a minute and then got my motor out of the car and brought it in. Tommy was sick and wasn't in which was pretty acceptable since he has strep and I wasn't going to complain one bit, I'd gladly leave my motor with them at this point. We got Tommy on the phone and he came in. Not expected, seriously. The poor guy is sick, hell, I don't know if I'd of come in.

So we go and get lunch and pick up new jammies for my daughter because she decided to play mechanic at the shop and then get sgetti all over them at lunch.

After we go to the Dolla Sto, we get her jammies, go back to the car, and I get the text.......... Can you come to the shop, we got something you need to see and know. Damn...... that's my luck. I'm thinkin the head is cracked, the block is damaged, the engine is unusable, he found a chipmunk burrowing into the transmission, something.

I get to the shop, and there is Tommy Bolton working on my engine. He's sick as hell, working on my stuff, and I'm feeling like a knob for having him do it. I felt bad. But he gave me the news. The cam chain tensioner wouldn't allow accurate degreeing of the cams. It was causing the chain to deflect about 4 degrees each way meaning there was really no way it could be done right with it. Tommy was also looking around to see if he had one for a Gen I, and unfortunately, didn't.

After talking for a while, I decided to leave the engine with them, let them fix it up right, and then its getting shipped back to me.

I'm not going into what pricing they gave me because I won't ever do that. If you deal with them, that is your business, not mine as is vice versa.

Alls I'm saying though, is these guys are beyond top notch. Seriously. I'm so thankful for these guys. They're even gonna run it for me and make sure its good to go? You kidding me? That's f'n amazing!

You want good business? Do some with Tombo Racing TODAY!

I don't know if they are one of our members or sponsors but they def should be. I will advocate for them ALL DAMN DAY!

Bottom line, I'm impressed and happy with their service. I really couldn't have asked for better!

Check them out at https://www.facebook.com/tomboracing or Tombo Racing ? Home of FAST motorcycles!

I watched some of his videos on youtube when I did my motor for the 05. Im glad they are hooking you up. Hope you get it together soon, you will love the bigger motor:thumbsup:

Sounds like a good shop...the videos they posted are good for insight...I can't see a shop stocking every conceivable part so that was a bump in the road...but when you get the bike up and running at least you know it is well built.

You were in okc and didn't let me know.. Man I would have taken you to dinner..

Hell yeah I do. And I, again, am purely thankful to the org for the helps as well. Go Seahawks!!

Back