Tomahawk Tires

DevilDawg1

Registered
Any body tried the black or the colored tomahawk tires if so what is your opinion?

You can check them out at cycletire.com/

The're recaps. Stunters use them sometimes but I wouldn't recomend 'em for any real riding. They don't have much in the way of grip, and you don't know anything about the old tire they were made from. Over miled, twice cooked tires aren't a good idea on a fast, heavy motorcycle.

Last edited:
This comes up about once a year... :popcorn:

I think there are a "few" guys that can run them without any issues.. To date, no one has shown one to come apart.. Been a few "well my friend" but never any pictures to go with the first hand account (I would have certainly taken a picture)..

I bet a lot of the FL guys could run them.... :laugh:

I am thinking about giving one a try, I normally get 6,000 - 7,000 miles out of a new set. So my riding style is not that aggressive.

Anyone out there with personal experience with these tires? And not just a friend of a friend of a friend said.

Thanks for all the input and I am still researching before a decision is made.

Thanks again.

Thats asking for trouble IMO. You may not have known they are re-treaded, but now you do. Its not really worth the risk the way I ride...

+1. nothing more important than quality tires between you and road.

I looked around for riders that used them and it fell into to catgories..

the haters (I would never... recap POS, .. dangerous, etc) the guys that have never used nor know anyone that has used them

the others.. have run them no problems, stunters (no complaints there) and a few racers that ran the race tire.. the only "real" issue I found was weight.. they are slightly heavier than a first run tire.. CONTRARY to the above postings, these are not "recaps".. a recap uses a single rubber overlay and can separate and throw a tread..

I can tell you if the tire was "dangerous" in any way, they would not be on the road.. DOT must approve tire usage before they are allowed on the road...

I am part of the "I wont use them" crowd as I have not seen them myself.. but I will not say they are a "bad" tire or a "POS" I bet they are just fine for about 80% of the riders I have met... (never do much more than occassional bursts of speed)

Someone gives me a set, I will try them out however..

i had a buddy that used to sell these and would rock them at the track with no problems, personally i wouldnt use them

They may be fine but for a few penneys more you can get stinkos. On the other hand a bud is running one on his 1000 ninga with no problem

Back