Tomahawk tires

coreywiley

Registered
I'm in the market of buying tires for my bike and I saw these tires. I want to know if anyone out there have heard anything about these brand of tires. Thanks!!!

tire.jpg

Tomahawk tires used to make the colored tires a few years back...not sure if they still do though. Havent heard anything about performance just that colored versions end up being black when its all said and done.

Yes the tires a "Z" rated. They are a re-cap. made by the company that re-caps tires for the big jet planes. I know they are inexpensive and I have asked the same question. But know has any personal experience with them. Everybody always has a friend that knows someone and they say..........

If you run a search you can find a website that explains all of this. I have the phone number, but it is at work. I will help find the website and check back here later.

I have the BT016 Stones and they are very good. Warm up well, grip good on wet and give very good mileage. I have about 4700 miles on mine and theyt look very good. When I'm slabbing I run about 42 psi in the front to keep them from cupping. When I get somewhere (like the gap) I'll drop them to the low 30's. Great tire wish I would've tried them before. Wardie

tomahawk are retreaded track tires, the company also makes the huge tires the 747's sit and land on, so i think they know a thing or two about retreading...most of the tire carcasses are from used track tires...pilot powers, avons, ect ect
they no longer make anything other then black and there is a waiting list to get anything from them as demand and supply arent the same

they are very popular with the stunt guys

Last edited:
My recommendation is to buy a tire that has been tried, tested and proven! Keep in mind, one single get off due to low end tires is far more costly than buying good tires for the entire life of your bike.

My recommendation is to buy a tire that has been tried, tested and proven! Keep in mind, one single get off due to low end tires is far more costly than buying good tires for the entire life of your bike.

I agree, but I have been and I think the member that started this thread is looking for anyone with first hand experience with this tire.

I bought one last year off Ebay and had it installed on the rear of my 2006 GSXR1000. I have since sold the bike with the tire still on it. Put on a thousand miles and it was still like new. They come with a really thick tread and I know they are a little heavier than a normal tire due to the extra thick tread. I cant say anything bad about them. I believe I paid $85 for it including shipping. I certainly wouldnt be afraid to buy another one. They also tell you the brand name of the tire used for the cap.

Last edited:
This is the Tomahawk mounted on the Gixxer. Had the wrong pics. See the next message.

Last edited:
tires are mostly dependent on YOU... how do you ride what is your skill level, etc..etc.. I have been running qualifiers since they come out and I love them very confident dual compound tire and don't think I will give em up any time soon (both on my busa and on my ZX6-r, also used them on my gsxr1000 recently parted with it in thoughts of a newer one after I leave the kawi too) but they are definantly not the best if you are a drag guy who hits the track a lot too, I also went to a 190 rear not the 200 I like the turn in better on the busa with the 190 and still have a lot of straight line traction... but I ride agressive especially my ninja in the corners and start balling up the rubber on the tires outer from cornering/exiting, so I vote for Dunlop but I think most them are good I do not howerver get a ton of miles out of them but mostly due to my riding style so think how you ride then take peoples opinions on what they run and what they do with thier bike.

they all passed dot inspection,rules and regulations and tomahawk actually goes further to test theier tires then other manufacturers, but they are not always the best tire for the application, probably more of just an ok all around tire and not ideal for drag or cornering very hard...but if you think about it even if the retread came off what youd have left is a worn down pilot power or something else...lol

Back