Tomahawk T3 Sport Tires

found this from another website: sportbikes.ws
put tomahawk lowest (not sure all the varialbes for the test)

Something good about Dunlop D208 Qualifier (via Dec 2005 Sportrider):

Quote:
The (Dunlop) Qualifier scored the highest average score in all catagories and the highest SR (SportRider) Rating in the test.(91.4)

Pilots 89.3
BridgeStone BT-014 89
Metzler Sportec 87.3
Diablo's 86
Avon viper sport 83.7
Contisport Attack 80.7
Maxxis Supermaxx 79
Tomahawk T3 Sport 73.1

they look nice and seem like a great price.. however Ebay also has em for about the same price. do some more research. dont forget cost to mount tire(s) .

Thanks, I was ready to jump at the price. A friend is running the new Pirelli Strada's and I like the look and the rating. I'll see how they hold up, quite a bit more money.
RS

no problem.. those tomahawks may still be a good deal, but i would hesitate if you are going to do aggressive driving.. i put on pilot hpx on mine front and back and really happy with them..

you may have to pay around $75 for tire mounting and balancing (front and back) so make sure you like the tires you are getting.

i paid $45 since i took the wheels of the bike and just took the wheels in.

really good write up about tires:

http://www.zinio.com/express?issue=77606059

<!--EDIT|kkattan
Reason for Edit: None given...|1135054069 -->

Thanks, I was ready to jump at the price. A friend is running the new Pirelli Strada's and I like the look and the rating. I'll see how they hold up, quite a bit more money.
RS
Do you ride TOURING or SPORTY mostly? I like my Strada's just OK but their TOURING design makes for a looser albeit, softer ride. In other words, the sport tires are solid and planted, stiffer sides, not a lot of movement, but Stradas are more absorbant to roads. there's more tread on them too which leads to twist and flexing on the patches tween the grooves. To me, a very scary feel. I'm going back to Diablos or maybe powers as soon as I can wear off this extra rubber!
biggrin.gif
The Strada was fine for my cross country tour, but I prefer the tighter, sportier feel of non-touring tires.

PS The Strada sticky seemed ALMSOT as good as their regular Diablo sticky. I was impressed with that for a touring tire. Also, I took them to a trck day for kicks and they managed just fine. Just a little fishier than regular tires

I switched wheels and tires with my TL because the busa ate the tires it came with. Beleive it or not that rear is a 180/55/17 on the back of my busa and besides the fact that the T3 handling is what I consider poor compared to other tires, it has took everything I have through at it. I have been on the back wheel at almost 100 mph and the tire is good. The best part about it is the wear, hardly any. Having said all that, I will not buy these again. I want to try a shinko 005 in front and a 009 in the rear or a set of road attacks.

Back