Tom Cruise on his $100K bike

Hayabusawannabe

Registered
Talk about UGG-O-LEE!

They said it was a 2014 Vyrus tops out at 181MPH

894e8389-5c39-4133-add8-b784d739ba29_tomcruisemotorcycle_zps06187288.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My buddy's Uncle bought one of those a few years ago. He owns some sort of mercedes dealership or repair facility in California and is int bikes.
He flew to Italy to pick it up and my buddy went along with him. They are pretty much hand built by a little shop. His was a carbon body with an NCR engine. I believe they talked of them building one for Tom Cruise when they were there, maybe he likes them and bought another?

The bike was about $70k then.

Only worth what some fool is willing to pay...Agreed on the ugly design cue's, however, the tech and materials used are rather cool! Super light also, 318# give or take...

What it boils down to is a really expensive toy for the ridiculously wealthy.

I'm really surprised the koolaide serving/drinking folks over at Spiritual HQ in Clearwater, Fl. "allow" him to ride

I checked on the 'Net, and it's not a bad looking motorcycle. He and Matt LeBlanc probably own many of the world's exotic bikes.

Screen Shot 2013-07-04 at 8.03.54 AM.png

I'd roll one if I was filthy rich like Cruise. Why not,the 15 or 20 Busa's might be boring by now.:laugh:

I love the last pic...Owner spent 70K on a bike...and 29 bucks on a stand from Harbour Frieght.:rofl:

....and Mr. Ramsay....with the kind of tithing Cruise is paying,he's probably allowed to ride whatever he wants,including head pastor's 16 year old daughter.:thumbsup:

LOVE the new avatar BTW. Doesn't quite have the "class" of the last one,but awesome none the less.:bowdown:

RSD.

RSD, I thought you would appreciate...though I agree the new one doesn't quite capture the true class act I be....

You sir are a funny man! "with the kind of tithing Cruise is paying,he's probably allowed to ride whatever he wants,including head pastor's 16 year old daughter."

:rofl:

The bike does have some highly odd details.Obviously that canter lever type suspension. That big ass oil cooler. Exposed dry clutch with foward facing open cover,great for collecting bugs,rocks and rain water. Hopefully that exposed pulley on the motors lower right is not driving the cams or other vital componant,cause it is gonna fail,SOON. One tiny pebble and valve timing goes out the window. Maybe it drives the water pump or altanator or cell phone charger. hehehe. Because of steering clearance issues I guess that was about the only place they could mount the calipers.

At least Tom is wearing half his safety gear. Carbon fiber lid and one of those "distressed" leather jackets that looks more at home on a hollywood hobo.I've never cared for those jackets that look like they have been worn a thousand times... when in actuality...twice.:laugh:

RSD.

Heck, I would let it sit in my garage, and might even ride it every now and then. :D Might haft to put it on the other side of the garage from the Busa and Gixxer. :laugh:

talk about over engineering. looks like some crazy looking bs design they came up to be different and played hell making it all work.

If I had a MC passion and the cash this fruit cake has i would make it a mission to buy all the quirky,unusual and bizarre looking bikes on the planet..lets face it ,he has the luxury and choice not to buy off the shelf like the rest of us so whatever he spent would not only be tax deductible but will increase in value just cause he sat his silly ass on it…we can only wish that our vehicles increase in value just cause who we are.

I will give Tom credit, ive consistently seen him on bikes since he was racing on a ninja against a jet on Top Gun. Most of the Hollywood types show up to awards and premiers in Limos or Lamborghinis but Ive seen pics of him showing up on Ducatis and Aprillas. So although his lifestyle/philosophies have brought him some scrutiny in recent years dude is more rider than poser when it comes to motorcycles. I also heard something about he is certified as a car stunt driver for his own scenes in movies so he obviously is somewhat normal in the regards he likes to go fast and take risks like the rest of us :laugh: Everybody on here knows if they had a Bajillion Dollars they would be trying to buy/build the most exotic and expensive bikes that nobody else had too. The saddest part is for as rich as he is that company probably GAVE him that bike for FREE just as long as he rode it to a premiere and got a couple tabloid photos on it for free publicity so normal people like us run out to get a 2nd mortgage on our house to try and be cool like the movie stars :whistle:

I will give Tom credit, ive consistently seen him on bikes since he was racing on a ninja against a jet on Top Gun. Most of the Hollywood types show up to awards and premiers in Limos or Lamborghinis but Ive seen pics of him showing up on Ducatis and Aprillas. So although his lifestyle/philosophies have brought him some scrutiny in recent years dude is more rider than poser when it comes to motorcycles. I also heard something about he is certified as a car stunt driver for his own scenes in movies so he obviously is somewhat normal in the regards he likes to go fast and take risks like the rest of us :laugh: Everybody on here knows if they had a Bajillion Dollars they would be trying to buy/build the most exotic and expensive bikes that nobody else had too. The saddest part is for as rich as he is that company probably GAVE him that bike for FREE just as long as he rode it to a premiere and got a couple tabloid photos on it for free publicity so normal people like us run out to get a 2nd mortgage on our house to try and be cool like the movie stars :whistle:

I like a guy that will do his on stunts even if he is a religious nut job! Anyway speaking of fast, he apparently flies his own WWII fighter as well. Just because it's hand made (and ugly) I don't see how it could cost that much. They aren't building every piece from scratch just fitting it to you personally. And if your that arrogant to ask someone for 6 figures for an (ugly ass) bike then I don't think they would give it away even for free pub.

Back