Toll roads

jellyrug

Donating Member
Registered
Generally I stay on the back-roads, but this one time I was on a NC Toll with cameras. So I got a bill for $1.60 and $6.00 for their trouble to mail me the bill.

How many of you ride toll roads?

Looking at the picture, if I missed that square on the pavement, or rode right on the white line, or did a big throttle twisty, would that camera have gotten me?

invoiceDetail.jpg

#FormOfHighwayRobbery ~ #HighwayRobbery ~ #TollRoads ~ #THEoRg *

$6?!?
Somebody should invent a way to send mail electronically. They could call it electronic-mail. Gotta love bureaucracies.

I am debating this issue myself. SoCal has lots of toll roads. It depends on the traffic, I guess: if I'm willing to spend $200 on a day at the track, I'd let go of $2 for a few moments on an empty freeway. Wonder if those cameras track speed ...

Generally I stay on the back-roads, but this one time I was on a NC Toll with cameras. So I got a bill for $1.60 and $6.00 for their trouble to mail me the bill.

How many of you ride toll roads?

Looking at the picture, if I missed that square on the pavement, or rode right on the white line, or did a big throttle twisty, would that camera have gotten me?

View attachment 1608638
Nice picture though

My wife opens our mail. Imagine if there was someone on the back seat with a long blonde ponytail and she saw the picture. LOL does not apply to me, just wondering about privacy.
You gave your own answer there...if one has a wife or significant other, they should be the only one on the back seat...

There is no privacy in public.....

Don't tell the darned cell phone user who's having an argument sitting 2 seats over from you in the airport that though.

Denver area is going the toll road route, I don’t like it . Seems like I’m paying 3 ways , if I use them, to get them built, and all the trouble on the road while they build them and they never go away.

You gave your own answer there...if one has a wife or significant other, they should be the only one on the back seat...

Don't tell the darned cell phone user who's having an argument sitting 2 seats over from you in the airport that though.

I have no back seat. I’m good!!! Rofl

I think there was a lawsuit somewhere after the guy got divorced. Think he won the case and the city changed their practice where ticket would not show photo, photo available at the DMV.

Back