Told to slow down

dolilind

Registered
Went for a ride yesterday, tryn to keep the right hand from rolling to hard. Yeah right. Anyways the wife was on her Rebel me on the busa and my buddy on his 09 repsol. Nice ride through the country might have been little too fast for the wife. So i pulled over to let her catch up. For a few minutes never caught up. So i turned around and headed back to find her. Came up on a car going less than the posted limit so dotted yellows came and the throttle got nailed. not sure how long i was on it, but long enough to get pulled over.

You know how hard it is sitting on the side of the road tryn to explain that your wife is missing on here motorcycle and your heading back to find her goes over. Even harder when your bike has #13 on the sides on runs like a GP bike. Oh yeah i never do this. Even harder when the registration says its black and red when the bike is green and white. Lets just say VIN check. What a pain in the ass to explain and the wife is still missing.

Thankfully before getting a ticket for 80+ in a 55 and reckless driving award the wife pulls up :please: saying i lost you behind that farm truck and got lost. So i went back to see if i missed a turn.

That was a close call, i didn't even get a written warning.

Glad to hear she was ok and you got out of the ticket. I would've been freaking out if I couldn't go back to find my wife.

:rulez: always keep the wife behind you or in your rear view...:thumbsup: on no ticket, must be a nice leo

Wait, this is a good one. Let me right this down....???
"No officer I never speed; I'm just looking for my wife... I lost her (because she couldn't keep up) and I'm so worried about her that I didn't know I was going 30 MPH over the speed limit, honestly:angel:
:rofl::rofl:
Glad the wife is ok and you didn't get a ticket.

...hehe, sometimes those little warnings can save your life. Glad everything worked out for you, and the misses.

D

Wait, this is a good one. Let me right this down....???
"No officer I never speed; I'm just looking for my wife... I lost her (because she couldn't keep up) and I'm so worried about her that I didn't know I was going 30 MPH over the speed limit, honestly:angel:
:rofl::rofl:
Glad the wife is ok and you didn't get a ticket.

It worked this time. I i knew how fast i was going, just glad i chocked it down before the zapped me with the radar.

Good lesson about riding fast with lesser experienced or many females riders. Back in '85 I had a VERY close call trying to keep up with a great rider. Almost dropped off a steep lip into gravel and then guardrail after hitting a puddle prior to a sweeping curve at 80mph. Had to pull over and wait for the shakes to subside. It was hairy indeed.

Just a thought maybe you should ride behind her an enjoy the ride at her pace instead of yours??? "The Ride" ain't about how an when you get there but the people you are enjoying the ride with :laugh: Wives that enjoy riding with their hubbys a real treasure make sure it stays fun for her :rulez: she may not like riding an watching her group disappear into the horizon or be another zip code by the time she makes her pass:laugh: Suck if something went wrong cause she was playing "catch up" or "keep up"

After all she did save your bacon out there:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I got clocked this morning, got me at 85, glad he didnt come around that curve 3 seconds later, I had a good run going but was coming up on a car so I let off. He was nice and let me go with a verbal, after making me sweat a little. Truth be told, I really did deserve the ticket, but glad I didnt get it. I did slow down after that. :D

Just a thought maybe you should ride behind her an enjoy the ride at her pace instead of yours??? "The Ride" ain't about how an when you get there but the people you are enjoying the ride with :laugh: Wives that enjoy riding with their hubbys a real treasure make sure it stays fun for her :rulez: she may not like riding an watching her group disappear into the horizon or be another zip code by the time she makes her pass:laugh: Suck if something went wrong cause she was playing "catch up" or "keep up"

After all she did save your bacon out there:rofl::rofl::rofl:

+1 on that.

Whenever I ride with my family, all Harley riders, I volunteer to take up the rear. That way I can enjoy the scenery and just relax. I took the lead a couple of times but I always have to remind myself to slow down and keep with the pack which is no fun for me.

Plus I think it's funny to see a line of cruisers with a sport bike following them.

+1 on that.

Whenever I ride with my family, all Harley riders, I volunteer to take up the rear. That way I can enjoy the scenery and just relax. I took the lead a couple of times but I always have to remind myself to slow down and keep with the pack which is no fun for me.

Plus I think it's funny to see a line of cruisers with a sport bike following them.

Thats exactly how it is with my family not all harleys but......and i prefer the rear when do go......its just a pain dodging all the oil:laugh::laugh:

Back