Today's Trip To Indiantown, Pics.

Blue Bayou

Registered
Hi Gents, I make the relaxing trip from Port. St. Lucie to Indiantown frequently, just to take a no pressure ride and enjoy the scenery. Today I decided to stop a few times and take a few pics for you folks on the board in case you are wondering what it looks like riding out in the wilds of Florida.
Our house is only about 5 minutes from the wilderness, hence the reason we have so damn many
critters around our neighborhood.
Enjoy the pics.
BB

IMG_6389.JPG
IMG_6391.JPG
IMG_6392.JPG
IMG_6396.JPG
IMG_6398.JPG
IMG_6401.JPG
IMG_6402.JPG

Nice pics. You should give the brooksville area a try if you haven't. It is beautiful and probably my favorite riding area around here out of the few I know.

Blue bayou do you still get the swarms of love bugs in september, was on holiday in Florida about 10 years ago and driving to go on an airboat ,they was hitting the car as if was raining , did not know what was going on at the time

Last edited:
Blue bayou do you still get the swarms of love bugs in september, was on holiday in Florida about 10 years ago and driving to go on an airboat ,they was hitting the car as if was raining , did not know what was going on at the time

Yes Dave, the Lovebugs still live here, not so much by the coast but they get worse as you drive further inland, especially at night. Thanks for commenting, be safe. :-)
BB

Nice pics. You should give the brooksville area a try if you haven't. It is beautiful and probably my favorite riding area around here out of the few I know.

I'll certainly give it a try, sounds interesting..!!! :-)
Thanks for your comment.
BB

I'm confused? wat am I supposed to be looking at? looks like a flat hi-way with some telephone lines and some cows and a canal?

I'm confused? wat am I supposed to be looking at? looks like a flat hi-way with some telephone lines and some cows and a canal?

Ahhh Glasshoppah, you confuse easily. I am sure there are many people in Connecticut that have never seen what the Florida plains
and wilderness look like. As old Chinese saying goes: "It is what it is"..!! ;)

lol copy that I grew up in south florida so I guess it was jus boring to me lol sorry

Ahhh Glasshoppah, you confuse easily. I am sure there are many people in Connecticut that have never seen what the Florida plains
and wilderness look like. As old Chinese saying goes: "It is what it is"..!! ;)

lol copy that I grew up in south florida so I guess it was jus boring to me lol sorry

Roger that, it ain't Ohio, doin the twisties along the rivers and hills, but it's all I've got now, so I've gotta make the best of it..LOL..!!
It's beautiful in it's own way I guess, I just cruise along, relax to the hum of the motor and enjoy the scenery as best I can. :-)
Thanks for your comments.
Ride safe, have a great weekend..!!
BB

Let us know a little more about this retirement you talk of ~ was it better to end up in Florida vs Nevada or Washington ?

View attachment 394913

The wife wanted to retire to Florida, I wanted to retire to Santa Fe, NM. Guess where we ended up.
When I was a kid we lived in Nevada for a few years, I liked it but NM is my favorite place..!! The "Land of Enchantment"..!!
Being our only home, we homesteaded here, so got a huge break on taxes. We moved far enough south in Florida as to get
the tropical type weather, but yet not far enough south to get into the concrete jungle, traffic and wall to wall people of
South Florida. We are in Port St. Lucie and like it here. The weather is pretty much ideal all year long. We get a few cool days
in the winter where it will get down in the 30s, but that's usually only for a week. If you're a rider, you'll get bored with the flat land and
tropical greenery after while, but hey, riding is riding, it's all fun. The cost of living here is a little high, but once you learn
to play the system, things work out good financially. Remember, you only hafta buy ONE car down here. It will last you the
rest of your life. I have an 06 Colorado pickup, not a spot of rust on it.!! Clothing costs are minimal and about the only big expenditures
are the electric bills. So there ya have it.
BB

Back