Todays new ad fad. It will guarantee I will not by your item.

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
This new fad of listing one's phone number cause's me to skip right past thier ad,and onto the next.

Am I to old? Is it just me that doesn't "get this"? I find it annoying.
Am I a rotary phone guy stuck in a texting age?

I cant stand this new fad:

"Buy my item,my number is 55five-67eight9-1two3" WTF...:banghead:

Are we not all about abbreviations these days. How does this,speed things up.???

Too much time on my hands.Yes.
A little too easily annoyed.Yes.
Do they still have their item and me my money...yes.:laugh:

RSD.

Listing your number that way eliminates spamming "bots" that scan for phone numbers.

Trust me, it's a good thing.

Go post your number on craigslist trying to sell something over-sized and over-priced - guarantee the only calls you will get are guys from California that want you to ship it to Florida after they send you a check from Texas that you need to cash at your bank... and if you dont cash it, they will call the FBI on you right away too! actually they dont even call, they just TXT you now...

I knew it...me and my rotary phone are stuck in the middle ages.:laugh:

I thought I was getting all that spam because of the "naughty pictures" websites.:whistle:

So,just a matter of time before the spammers figure this one out and we have to list our phone numbers using a combination of heiroglyphics,babylonian,and ancient egyptian.

Thanks for setting me straight there dudes,but you'll have to excuse me,I need to go call my girlfriend....here's her new cell number...

3.jpg

Yep, the face off that picture will be on one of your favorite web sites before you know it! :laugh:

Some of you guys will be proud to know I have actually stepped out from the Dark Ages and got a new cell phone. I now have a drawer full of useless gadgets. Old cell,portable GPS,itouch,playstation portable,etc etc.

This thing does everything except for ...:blonde: no wait...there's an' App for that too.:smileyexhibit:

RSD.

The thing I don't like is when people post items and give a paragraph description about them then tell you to call their cell for pics?? You took all this time to describe it and post it on a the net and U couldn't take 1 more minute to download pics or a link?? So instead of being able to see the item in full detail on a 19" monitor you want me to examine it on a 4" cell phone screen?? :whistle:

The thing I don't like is when people post items and give a paragraph description about them then tell you to call their cell for pics?? You took all this time to describe it and post it on a the net and U couldn't take 1 more minute to download pics or a link?? So instead of being able to see the item in full detail on a 19" monitor you want me to examine it on a 4" cell phone screen?? :whistle:

And to think...we are not allowed to lawfully just dispose of these people. I mean,what would be the harm.:dunno:

I think they love their technology so much it gives them something to do and brag about at the dinner table. :laugh:

....or on the bus,while driving,on the golf course,at Starbucks.....:laugh:

One ringy dingy, two ringy dingy :laugh:

You grumpy old fart :poke:

Were you a "Laugh-In" fan too Dad? Awesome show. Better than the modern krap on T.V. today....whoops,I feel another "grumpy old fart" moment comming on. All yer fault too...this time. :moon:

I have some anti-angry meds the Doc gave me...just before I fired his azz. But in my senility,I have lost them....

Back