Tobin seats vs. Corbin

BlkDrgnZ28

Registered
<span style='color:royalblue'></span>
I want to do a custom seat for my bike because you cant get me off of it but my ass has been killiin me after a long day of riding any suggestions which is better corbin or tobin i really like the tobin seat designs they are awsome but i heard that one of them lowers you sitting position by like an inch or inch and a half which i would like to do because i got scrawny little short legs and im dont want to slam it just lower it any suggestions would be great from people who have them
pirate.gif

I have heard that Tobin seats are very attractive on the bike and that the workmanship is top notch. The profile of the seat does lower you in about an inch to and inch and a half... the only complaint that I have heard is that (especially for those of you who have short legs) that because you sit so low, the sides cause your legs to bow slightly, where you can actually feel the seat pan on the sides sitting at a light.

I have never owned a Corbin, but see a lot of them for sale here - many, many more than Tobins.

Also, Tobin actually cuts the seat to your waist size for comfort.

If it was me, I think I would go with a Tobin...

I have a Tobin and love it, one of my co-workers has a Corbin Gel and complains because it is to hard. The instructions that came with it said it takes a break in period so don't return it if it is uncomfortable. My Tobin was great right out of the box.

DR

I totally agree with what MC Mustang mentioned about the sides of the Tobin seat and your legs.... but, when I am solo I am fine. With a passenger, for some reason I feel it more after about 50 miles. I will be testing my gel seat with a passenger to compare, but I love my Tobin seat when I'm by myself, and the little hump that is built in is awesome for keeping me in place!!!

Was looking at Tobin also. I like the distance I'm at on the stock seat for both arms and legs, but don't feel in the seat. I have a feeling of falling off (aggressive throttle?). Therefore I am not completely "1" with the bike yet. I'm 6"00", 245 lbs, linebacker build. Anyone fit that profile and what pros/cons did you get with Tobin (very nice cosmetic addition)?

I am probably one of few that has had a problem but although Tobin has a great product when he takes his time and works thorough, his customer service skills suck!!!!
Back during the group buy I ordered a seat, sent in my seat to be Tobinized and it was returned without the mounting bracket, then within a week the stiching of the logo started to pull away from the leather.
To get this replaced, I had to pay him for another seat, before he would make a new one and send it out.
I offered a credit card number with written authorization that he could charge in the event he did not get my jacked up seat back after he sent out a replacement.
No deal, then not only did he charge me again, he charged more than the origional price for the core on the seat..... Once the transaction was complete he did credit the money charged, but I did not think I should have been inconvienanced for his poor craftmanship, and neglect to put my mounting bracket back on.
Like I said, his product is a great idea and is good when it is done right, just be careful if it is not...... jmo

(Vic_E55_2001 @ Jun. 02 2007,12:32) http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot....3120137

Check this out.
Those are nice lookin, but $400 for a couple seats...
sad.gif

I think I need to stick to the plan and do all my performance upgrades first.
HID
Braided lines and pads
Brocks megaphone (Ceramic coated black) with Hindle stepped header, PCIII USB, air box mod, PAIR mod, GIPro.......................................

.........I have a looooooong way to go....
coffee.gif

I bought A CORBIN set beacause I have had them on all of my bikes. They seat they make for the Busa sux arse!!! Take a 2x10 plank from Home Depot thrown it across two saw horses and sit on it. That is more comfy than the CORBIN. I sold that and bought a TOBIN, it looked sweet but anything over a 100 miles and my but was killing me.

I had a custom stingray seat with a 3/4" gel pad made on a stock pan. It is one of a kind and is comfy but it caused some paint damage underneath it on the tank. Nothing is visible unless the seat is off.

You'll be in NY next week, you can get a butt buffer gel pad with a nice no slip cover for $89 and just stick it on for your long rides... The thing is awesome...

Back