tobin seats, need some advice

hemi

Registered
been driving myself nutz lately deciding if i want to stay with stock seat, get a suzuki gel seat, or get a set of tobin's. The stocker isn't too bad for me comfort wise, but a more comfortable seat is never a bad thing. Here's my issues, i'm 6'1" and 170, did the buell peg mod for the extra leg room bc i have long legs and this helped tremendously. I am worried that getting tobin's will make my legs cramp up again bc they sit u lower. Thought about the gel seat, but haven't heard too many great things about them. I think the tobin's look fantastic, have an orange/black 08 so i would probably get both seats with orange risers and the kanji logos, i think it would look sick. Just can't decide if i will like them. Please help guys, i'm thinkin about ordering a stock seat so i can send mine off when i get it

I'm 6'3" with long legs and wouldn't trade my Tobin. Do you sit a little lower - yes. Are you more in the bike - yes. Is the comfort worth the difference - yes.

lookin at a stock seat on ebay tonight, might just bite the bullet and bid on it so i have no down time and can't ride. Kind of sucks i gotta wait for the seat, and then wait more to get the seats back from tobin, but i'm sure it will be worth it from all the great things i have read about them

I'm 6'3" with long legs and wouldn't trade my Tobin. Do you sit a little lower - yes. Are you more in the bike - yes. Is the comfort worth the difference - yes.
well put and well worth it. i had one for the gen 1 and i swear by it. working on it for my gen2 but i can wait til' x-mas. i'm 6'2" and no complaints with knees when i had both the buell pegs and the tobin.

I hated my Gel seat... the stock is tolerable... the tobin works best for me. 6'2" 240lbs

Tobin. Tobin. TOBIN! :laugh:

DSC05142.JPG

DSC05143.JPG

put a bid in on a stock seat on ebay, hopefully i win it!! Was also thinkin, after the buell peg mod, which feels great, my knees are right at the top point of the plastic curve on the sides of the tank. So if i got tobin's, this would sit me a tad lower and maybe my knees/legs would sit comfortably right in the curve of the plastics? The peg mod is great, but it is kind of annoying when i tuck my legs in to hold on to the tank and my knees are right against the top edge of the plastic

tobin seats look great and everything I have read about their comfort and quality is extremely positive. I am with stocker still - do not want to lose the leg room and also you lose 2 inches of depth in the seat as well. hope it works out for you.

You don't find yourself ever scooting yourself back in your seat and having your end of your rear end climbing on the 'ridged' part of the Tobin seat?

At 6 foot 6 that is (will be) be my main concern if I got one. (Long way away, but I like to plan.)

Back