Votes: 24 100.0%
  • Gel Seat

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

P-Willy

Registered
I know there have been quite a few threads on this topic but i'm interested in a slightly different demographic with this post. I'm looking for the most comfortable seat I can get considering the fact that I weigh 300lbs (6'). Now I know what the first response will be-loose weight! And i'm working on that (at least i'm trying). muscle.gif When you're this heavy a seat that's reasonably comfortable to an average sized person (like the stock busa seat) can get unacceptably uncomfortable after even an hour or so. Now as I understand it due to my size and weight I probably wouldn't get the little lip on the back of the Tobin seat or the hump pad so there's no benefits there. I also don't necessarily need the lowing property of the Tobin. So with these things being known, and with pure comfort being a factor (one of the main reasons I chose the busa over a 1000), would my fellow overweight busa brethren suggest a Tobin or the gel seat?

I thank you for your opinion and my bum thanks you as well.

lurk.gif just picked my gel up yesterday,no real seat time to even comment on.but then I'm a little guy at 210lb.

IM 274 POUNDS I TRYED THE GEL SEAT AND IT SUCKS I RECOMEND A CORBIN AND ON LONG TRIPS OVER 500 MILES SLAP A SHEEP SKIN DOWN IMO beerchug.gif

Being a guy of 300 lbs SHOCKED.gif I have both the corbin and a gel seat. I like the gel seat for local rides but with any real miles (as Stephen says) I like the Corbin. beerchug.gif

(big jim @ Aug. 09 2007,12:32) Being a guy of 300 lbs  SHOCKED.gif  I have both the corbin and a gel seat. I like the gel seat for local rides but with any real miles (as Stephen says) I like the Corbin. beerchug.gif
Interesting-I'm not sure how that works out. The gel is better for local and the Corbin for long distance? Sounds like if you were limited to just one, you would choose the Corbin? Have either of you ever sat on a Tobin? How does that compare to the Corbin?

Thanks for the input guys. This is an important mod for me.

If I had to choose only 1 it would be the Corbin. I have never used the Tobin because I have not had the chance. I have thought about getting one but am skeptical about spending the money and not liking the seat.

I ALSO HAVE NOT TRYED A TOBIN BUT FOR US BIG GUYS I THINK WE NEED ALL THE ROOM WE CAN GET THAT HUMP ON THE BACK OF THE SEAT LOOKS LIKE IT WOULD GET IN THE WAY GET A CORBIN THEN PUT 100-200 MILES ON IT AND YOU WONT BE SORRY $$ WELL SPENT AND PS THE CARBON FIBER LOOK IS PETTY COOL beerchug.gif

I have a tobin seat myself, I'm 5'10 220lbs and I think it might get uncomfortable after a while, I voted for gel seat but if you can get a gelled tobin then its the best of both worlds.

No doubt. I usually ride alone. I have a couple of buddys with bikes but they really don't ride that much. I'm dying to rub elbows. I assume the get togethers will be posted on the site? race.gif

Look for this or something similar:

I have to come through Charlotte. No that noise you occasionally hear isn't coming from Douglas.

Will hook up. Think they've got something in the works for September.

I think i'll try to hook up for the Wheels thru time ride. August might be a little to hot for me for the Wilmington ride. ukliam3.gif

ok I'll comment on the gel seat now.25 miles my butt started hurting 50miles[at home now]took that worthless piece of crap off.what a waist of money.Just my butts opinion.

guns.gif suzuki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back