Toaster v2.0

HayaWakened

Donating Member
Registered
So, I've gotten rather obsessed with this toaster thing - an object that gets passed between oRg members (mailed, delivered by hand, strapped to a bike...whatever), collecting signatures, getting its picture taken with members, drinking, flirting, jumping out of an airplane strapped to a member (yes, that really happened).

It's the coolest concept, and I wish to continue the tradition. Or more precisely, reboot it.

Who's interested??

Looking for ideas for what the new item would/should be
The only criteria for this object is that
  1. it is somehow able to accumulate signatures of those in possession of it
  2. it can be transported (safely, legally) on a motorcycle - preferably without putting the rear seat on, but that's optional

Book? Stuffed animal? Kitchen appliance? Some chunk of Hayabusa memorabilia you've got tucked away you're willing to part with so as to represent and carry on the spirit of this forum and the bike for which it stands?

Looking for criteria to determine how the item is passed along
Originally, the toaster was passed on to those who excelled at demonstrating the spirit of the bike, the forum, the riding life, etc., or to someone who had a need - like a morale booster, I'm guessing. Should we continue that same criteria? Suggestions??

Once an item is chosen, it will be mailed to @Sandow, the member chosen to kickoff Toaster V2.0 journey as this brave soul is going to journey from Canada to Las Vegas in May aboard his stunningly pristine Hayabusa. (Wait, I forgot to check if his is a Gen 1 or 2 - if it's a Gen 1, replace 'stunning' and 'pristine' with 'nice').

Please let the forum know if you're willing to participate in this endeavor, and if so, how.

Thanks!

John L

P.S. @captain: I would be honored if you could bless this proposal with your consent and approval.

So, I've gotten rather obsessed with this toaster thing - an object that gets passed between oRg members (mailed, delivered by hand, strapped to a bike...whatever), collecting signatures, getting its picture taken with members, drinking, flirting, jumping out of an airplane strapped to a member (yes, that really happened).

It's the coolest concept, and I wish to continue the tradition. Or more precisely, reboot it.

Who's interested??

Looking for ideas for what the new item would/should be
The only criteria for this object is that
  1. it is somehow able to accumulate signatures of those in possession of it
  2. it can be transported (safely, legally) on a motorcycle - preferably without putting the rear seat on, but that's optional

Book? Stuffed animal? Kitchen appliance? Some chunk of Hayabusa memorabilia you've got tucked away you're willing to part with so as to represent and carry on the spirit of this forum and the bike for which it stands?

Looking for criteria to determine how the item is passed along
Originally, the toaster was passed on to those who excelled at demonstrating the spirit of the bike, the forum, the riding life, etc., or to someone who had a need - like a morale booster, I'm guessing. Should we continue that same criteria? Suggestions??

Once an item is chosen, it will be mailed to @Sandow, the member chosen to kickoff Toaster V2.0 journey as this brave soul is going to journey from Canada to Las Vegas in May aboard his stunningly pristine Hayabusa. (Wait, I forgot to check if his is a Gen 1 or 2 - if it's a Gen 1, replace 'stunning' and 'pristine' with 'nice').

Please let the forum know if you're willing to participate in this endeavor, and if so, how.

Thanks!

John L

P.S. @captain: I would be honored if you could bless this proposal with your consent and approval.
GEN 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok so here is my idea.

Maybe someone could make/cut a motorcycle shaped big keychain. (metal/alu)

Where ever the chain travels - the person could hang on a certain key (they make them for your favourite sports team, brands etc....) Or similar to this picture here....
Therefore it wouldnt be too big to transport but still picture worthy enough...!

Ok so here is my idea.

Where ever the chain travels - the person could hang on a certain key (they make them for your favourite sports team, brands etc....) Or similar to this picture here....
Therefore it wouldnt be too big to transport but still picture worthy enough...!

View attachment 1611155

Yes, a key chain, and each person attaches to that chain an icon of sorts - a key, a tag, an emblem, a photo turned into one of those plastic key chain things, or just a link from a chain a la c10

But I still want signatures - branding - and I think we could find a way to do that on the key chain - attached to it

How’s about every participating member sacrifices/donates their Busa key ring they’ve always had on their bike key?
And then put it on one big ring with a tag attached with signature handwritten.
Obviously you’d need to get yourself another key ring... but it would be worth the sacrifice!

Yes, a key chain, and each person attaches to that chain an icon of sorts - a key, a tag, an emblem, a photo turned into one of those plastic key chain things, or just a link from a chain a la c10

But I still want signatures - branding - and I think we could find a way to do that on the key chain - attached to it
You can customize easily keychains... like those.,.including signatures etc..

How’s about every participating member sacrifices/donates their Busa key ring they’ve always had on their bike key?
And then put it on one big ring with a tag attached with signature handwritten.
Obviously you’d need to get yourself another key ring... but it would be worth the sacrifice!
Neat idea... but I am sure not everyone is up for that. Lots of guys use their keychain as some sort of lucky charm...

I like the idea of a keychain. What about the rule that once u receive the “award” u must add a new key ring to the existing lot from a new location. And if ur location is already used, u must travel somewhere to obtain another...not ebay!
Names. How about include a small blank scroll that we must put our name/username/date/location used?!
Next, we must add a pic of the OrgRing in said location...in a dedicated OrgRing pic area.
As far as awarding... maybe just let whomever receives it pick someone they think would keep it going and try to ride it over, or mail if riding isnt an option,but at least a hearty attempt to physically hand over.
Also maybe a gentleman's time limit of 2 weeks or a month maybe to keep it going? Need some time due to weather, and people’s work schedules. Penalty for forgetting, or neglecting the Org Ring is a dedicated post where everyone gets to ridicule (in a fun way of course) the offender “publicly”?!
Just thoughts to add to the discussion.
Troy

Ok so here is my idea.

View attachment 1611155

Funny. That is actually the key ring I use for my Busa.
Troy

The Chain & Baton +1 to this combo

Post #8 of THIS THREAD - @WuzzaCBXRider had the idea:

I like the idea of a keychain. What about the rule that once u receive the “award” u must add a new key ring to the existing lot from a new location. And if ur location is already used, u must travel somewhere to obtain another...not ebay!

+1

Names. How about include a small blank scroll that we must put our name/username/date/location used?!
Next, we must add a pic of the OrgRing in said location...in a dedicated OrgRing pic area.

+1
As far as awarding... maybe just let whomever receives it pick someone they think would keep it going and try to ride it over, or mail if riding isnt an option,but at least a hearty attempt to physically hand over.
Also maybe a gentleman's time limit of 2 weeks or a month maybe to keep it going? Need some time due to weather, and people’s work schedules. Penalty for forgetting, or neglecting the Org Ring is a dedicated post where everyone gets to ridicule (in a fun way of course) the offender “publicly”?!
Just thoughts to add to the discussion.

+1

What would be kind of a cool idea is to take a used motorcycle chain off a Hayabusa and attach key rings. Send it around and let members attach a key chain of their choosing. Perhaps something that represents their area.

il_570xN.525868000_ildx.jpg

What would be kind of a cool idea is to take a used motorcycle chain off a Hayabusa and attach key rings. Send it around and let members attach a key chain of their choosing. Perhaps something that represents their area.

View attachment 1611166

You have to think of the weight of any attached items especially if it’s to be mailed anywhere. What if there are 20-30 members involved? That could equal an entire drive chain. Something soft and light is better.

Back