Toads raceface at safepace....

Hips? How old are you Toadster? (accident or wear?) Sorry to bring it up but I seem to remember you commenting on the subject before so didn't figure you to be too touchy about it Amigo.
Yeah , turn 50 end of March bro ! I have shattered every limb in places , crushed / compacted a couple of spinal vertebrae . 1st shattered / dislocated right hip and de fleshed ( de gloved ) right leg , smashed knee and multiple breaks in left foot and 3 ribs when I was 18 , first big accident on RZ350K . Then when I was 22 , I got t boned and shattered both wrists , the left wrist is fused solid . The lower left leg ( knee down ) was shattered in 3 areas , both bones , and left foot multiple fractures and shortened . The back vertebrae was done from 1st accident , the family jewels were also impacted on tank and were black bruised from 2nd , 2nd was GSXR1100G . So now I am due for right hip first replacement and right knee , then left hip which has worn down on carrying the left . The left knee is fitted with full lower leg length ti rod , and they don't want to replace that knee until they really have to , but that is wearing out to . I got ti rods in left fused wrist and pins , but broke the main ti rod defending my dog against a pitbull , so had to be removed . I am going good though bro , so don't worry , I adapt as you do , and make it work for oneself . Many in worse position from motorcycle passion , and silly behavior :rolleyes: !! My old mate Big Al , has broken his neck twice road racing , and there he is in the clip , that crazy bastard !! I don't mind talking about anything to do with my good and not so much parts of my life experience , got to own your life eh bro !! :thumbsup:
Cheers :beerchug:

Last edited:
Only once or twice a year. But my track day partner got put on restriction due to a big crash so we haven't gone in a year. To be honest with my health issues and getting old I might be done. Now that I have the other bike though I would love to get the Busa on the track and ride the heck out of it! This is a video from my second track day. Yes my shifting is awful! Remember I'm the Slow Rider........

That track is epic Willie , man what a challenge remembering all that beyond visual range road course !! You ride very well bro , I enjoyed every bit of those laps . I hope you can get out there on your Busa in future bro , I reakon if you get and keep yourself on course health wise ( me too bro ) , you will be okay . Underline fun and less serious race mode . Hope your mate recovers so he can rejoin you . Reakon you got a real good set up happening with the BMW for road and the Busa project for track stuff .
Everything is done on super scale in USA , really rocking kick ass tracks like that is awesome . :thumbsup:

I'm 56 and while i can't run a marathon I can ride a motorcycle as long as I want generally. My problem is a very low tolerance to high heat so that really gets in the way of track days. Also the meds make some activities difficult. Each year passes it gets harder to get back to the track. That was a big part of my BMW choice too.

Just thought some of you might like to see this track footage of my old mate Big Al , on his old Ducati 996R from some years back , on the same Hidden Valley track . This is a few years after neck breaks , and back injuries . Footage a bit rough , but you'll get the idea..... awesome fun :thumbsup: .

I don't see any difference between that and my video??!??? Look at some of Skydiver's videos those guys were crazy fast. There was a smack talk thread from team gixxer. Lots of giggles!

I don't see any difference between that and my video??!??? Look at some of Skydiver's videos those guys were crazy fast. There was a smack talk thread from team gixxer. Lots of giggles!
Yes , I have come across some of that legendary thread . I'm glad there are some people that enjoy the track , and can really ride on the Org , me I'm pretty soft in the middle :rolleyes: , but that mate Al for example ... , he's 12 years my senior ... and even back in the old days , riding with him was always entertaining . He now owns and plans to retire with a Gen 1 and Gen 2 Busa . The 2 will be a street / drag set up , but when he gets around to it , the Gen 1 will be a street ride . :beerchug:

Back