To shift or not to shift?

JFootman

Registered
I need some advice on which i am looking to get a speed shifter for drag racing is a air shifter better or electric kill style or does it come down to personal preference.

IMO Air is more reliable but the downside is you have to have a tank and an onboard air compressor.
I have never ran an electric solenoid type of shifter

Do an air shifter if your going to drag race. It is pointless to get a quick shifter because you still have to get your feet up and in position to put pressure on the shifter. Which IMO is the main reason to get an air shifter. Look into a cycletek kit. Matt has great customer service and a quality product. I've had mine for 2 years now and not a single problem from it.

You don't need a compressor on the bike, just an air tank.

you will have to have a compressor somewhere if you plan to run air.

if you dont want the compressor look at the co2 kits.

cycletek can tailor his kits to fit your need as well. if you have a quick shifter you wont need the kill box or use that part of the harness.

if you run nitrous you can also run the shifter off the bottle

you will have to have a compressor somewhere if you plan to run air.

if you dont want the compressor look at the co2 kits.

cycletek can tailor his kits to fit your need as well. if you have a quick shifter you wont need the kill box or use that part of the harness.

if you run nitrous you can also run the shifter off the bottle

My friends use refillable "airtanks" aka CO2 bottles, it's the same kind used for paintball guns and lasts a long time, hundreds of shifts.

Do an air shifter if your going to drag race. It is pointless to get a quick shifter because you still have to get your feet up and in position to put pressure on the shifter. Which IMO is the main reason to get an air shifter. Look into a cycletek kit. Matt has great customer service and a quality product. I've had mine for 2 years now and not a single problem from it.

I feel the same way about the quick shifter its a waste IMO a quick blip of the throttle with pressure applied to the shifter changes gears as quick as a quick shifter.

air shifter. i went with mps. sent them my ecu and they programmed all the adjutments into the ecu. it cuts out a lot of wiring from the old kill box style. had my ecu back the same week.

Run an air shifter using 9oz paint ball bottles (you will need the right valve) and go through your ECU. Makes for a clean set-up. Matt at Cycle-Tek can hook you up.

Cycle-Tek.com

My friends use refillable "airtanks" aka CO2 bottles, it's the same kind used for paintball guns and lasts a long time, hundreds of shifts.

they use co2, not air, if you have air in the arm it wont hold enough pressure without refilling it every pass.

just clarifying because the op may not have heard of the co2 kits, and if you use compressed air you have to have an onboard compressor or one at the track to refill with.

Back