To powder coat a Brocks AH muffler or not???

Greenbean

Registered
So I have finalized my decision on a brocks AH for my 08, however,

I like the look of the ceramic black pipe, but you can't get the AH fully in black, the inserted baffle is still going to be silver.

They don't recommend removing it either,

So How is the brocks plate held on?

I want to be able to send it and have the just the muffler section done in a satin black and then put the brocks plate back on,

Two rivets on my short meg. I'd recommend a bit stop, which can be a bunch of duct tape wrapped around the bit, and drill the rivets.

Will powdercoat stand up to that kind of heat? I thought that is why brock used ceramic. Maybe Jet hott or other similar coatings can be used but I would double check before you powdercoat only. Maybe I am dreaming and the can itself may not get that hot to matter.

Will powdercoat stand up to that kind of heat? I thought that is why brock used ceramic. Maybe Jet hott or other similar coatings can be used but I would double check before you powdercoat only. Maybe I am dreaming and the can itself may not get that hot to matter.

POWDERCOAT WILL NOT HOLD UP TO THAT KIND OF HEAT, ask me how I know, I was told that it would hold up and it didnt, so I had it ceramic coated and it has been good to go!
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=145315&stc=1&d=1244430657

June pics 032.jpg

So I have finalized my decision on a brocks AH for my 08, however,

I like the look of the ceramic black pipe, but you can't get the AH fully in black, the inserted baffle is still going to be silver.

They don't recommend removing it either,

So How is the brocks plate held on?

I want to be able to send it and have the just the muffler section done in a satin black and then put the brocks plate back on,

I do powder coating, and I do not recommend powder coating any motorcycle mufflers especially one off a busa. The standard heat range for powder stops at 450 degrees. Usually the mufflers on a busa run about 300 or less, but with the temp constantly holding for as long as you are running the bike the powder will fail. The best thing to do is the Jet Hot process, which is patented and gives you the best coating available. If you decide not to do the Jet Hot process, then you will have to find someone who does a finish known as metallic ceramic coating. This should ensure that you won’t have to rip the pipes off again because the coating is ashing off. I hope this helps.
Mike

Normal powdercoating will NOT stand up to those temps, that's why they are CERAMIC Powder coated. From what I understand any good powder coater has access to the high temp stuff, just very costly.

Back