To lower or not

dogmanpro

Registered
Just bought a 09 Busa, I'm 5' 10" 205 lbs., how far should I lower it? I was thinking maybe an 1" or 1 1/2". Anyone of average build have to lower for better comfort. I can touch the ground, but think I'd be a little more comfortable if firmly planted, like being on a cruiser.

Welcome to the oRg. If you get adjustable bones, you can start at 1 inch and go lower if you need to. I am only an inch taller than you and I am flat footed on my 05. Two iches will get you there for sure, but do you ride two up?

If you lower be sure to keep an eye on that rear tire hitting the undertail.

:welcome:aboard

Have you thought about just getting a different seat than to make suspension changes? Many times a cut down seat is all that's needed to give you that additional comfort/footing.

To lower or not.

Just bought a 09 Busa, I'm 5' 10" 205 lbs., how far should I lower it? I was thinking maybe an 1" or 1 1/2". Anyone of average build have to lower for better comfort. I can touch the ground, but think I'd be a little more comfortable if firmly planted, like being on a cruiser.

Re: To lower or not.

well,you dont ride with your feet on the ground.and if you dont have issues reaching the ground when stopped,it all comes down on the kind of riding you want to do and are comfortable with. the bike handles different when you start lowering it

5'10" and need to lower the Busa ??? Maybe ride it a bit, get use to the feel and then maybe lower it if that's your thing. You give up some handling when you lower the Busa - but if you want it to handle more like a cruiser - umm, maybe Some Platform Harley Boots?

:welcome:

:welcome:aboard

Have you thought about just getting a different seat than to make suspension changes? Many times a cut down seat is all that's needed to give you that additional comfort/footing.

This is where you need to start.

Prior to taking that step to lower, be sure to research the negatives as well as the positives before making that final decision! :beerchug:

I thought I posted here already. I had said look into a cut seat first. This may be enough to inspire the additional confidence you're after. This wouldn't mess with any suspension geo's.

well,you dont ride with your feet on the ground.and if you dont have issues reaching the ground when stopped,it all comes down on the kind of riding you want to do and are comfortable with. the bike handles different when you start lowering it

Have to agree. To me the bikes look great lowered / slammed, but if you like hitting the corners from time to time and your feet touch the ground, leave it alone.

My Corbin seat is slightly narrower at the front and that put me about another 1/2 inch closer to the ground without lowering the bike.

I have a trimmed seat for the Gen I but I don't think it will fit your Gen II

Back