To lower or not to lower???

MeltDownZ

Registered
I'm in the final moments of pulling down a used busa. It has been lowered 2 1/2". Is this a good thing. While sitting on it, it seems a bit low. I'm thinking of having it raised to stock. The gentlemen selling it says the bike feels better lower as it bites more. Can someone please enlighten me on lowering a busa?

Thanks!

It bites more?
rock.gif
not quite sure what he means, corners or launch???
Mine deffinately does not handle quite as well in the corners, due to my shoes scraping while leaning....kinda freaks me out.
If ya like twisties don't go down more than 3/4" if any at all.
Not sayin it feels bad at all.......just that it feels a hair better in the corners at stock height.

lowering SUCKS if you plan to ride the twisties.

Ask yourself:
am I going in a straight line most of the time?

If so, lowering will be fine and looks nice.
Otherwise, put it back to stock and get some serious handling and ground clearance (as MSF pointed out) back!

-V

lower it for drag racing

otherwise use it at stock height if you ride twisties.

lowered 2 1/2? in the rear but not in the front right? mine is lowered about 1.5 in the front and driveways scrape sometimes and big bumps make the nose wack the front fender. im just curious. and like everyone else is saying turning ability sucks compared to stock but for me i really dont lean to hard anyway but ive caught my shoe and ive ripped out the little studs that stick out of the bottom of the peg. be aware if your new to being lowered

Back