To Black Out Or Not To...

Chubb74

Registered
I have been debating on Blacking out the exhaust and the last little silver/ non black on this bike. The blue makes it like a real race bike though to me at times. Opinions.. Am I just looking to f*(* with it or should I leave it alone.

image1.JPG

image2.JPG

image3.JPG

image4.JPG

Bike is nice but that little shiny pipe on that all black bike does look out of place. Could peal the stickers off the frame and swing arm will also give you a little more of that look you are going for.

Just used some nightshadesign on my front blinkers, might look for some all black rear sets in the future. Also installed black levers.

20170304_154303_001.jpg

Bike is nice but that little shiny pipe on that all black bike does look out of place. Could peal the stickers off the frame and swing arm will also give you a little more of that look you are going for.
I normally hate all stickers but these glow. Lol. I know cheesy poop.

Here is my '13 LE with stock exhaust hangers and rear sets powder coated and I just wrapped the little bit of exhaust pipe that showed with black fiberglass wrap. I then used the silicone hi-temp coating on it to keep it as deep black as possible.

IMG_1075.JPG

Here is my '13 LE with stock exhaust hangers and rear sets powder coated and I just wrapped the little bit of exhaust pipe that showed with black fiberglass wrap. I then used the silicone hi-temp coating on it to keep it as deep black as possible.

View attachment 1572158
Funny I have had that wrap for months. Seeing yours is just the encouragement I needed. Thanks D

Glad I could give you that extra push! The DEI silicone spray came from advanced auto. I was shocked that a local store actually carried something I needed since I'm used to ordering most stuff online. If you don't spray it, the wrap will fade to a black denim sort of color! I soaked the wrap and wrapped the pipes, and let them sit in my basement all week to dry since it's been rainy here then put 2 coats of the silicone on and let it dry over night then back on the bike. I let the bike idle for about a half hour to cure the spray as the can states 400 degrees to fully cure. It never did smoke like most people say they get when they wrap their pipes, I'm guessing it's more steam than smoke from the wet wraps.

Last edited:
Back