To be or not to be, that is the question....

Be Cheap??

• Yes

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters

MoNoXiDe

Registered
I have always been the 1st person to say "Don't be cheap" We all know that Hayabusa's are not cheap! Especially is you bought it brand new.

My mission is to ditch all chrome or silver parts on the bike that is visible. I notice on ebay they sell plastic caps to cover different parts of the bike. I also notice for those same areas they sell billet made ones. Way different in prices. Yoke caps to axle caps all billet can be crazy high in prices.

Just want everyones opinion.

My personal thought is sometimes too much black makes the bike look cheap. I did the rearsets, etc but I didn't do frame plugs and stuff because I like seeing the rawness of a motorcycle.

Heck I can't stand the dash panels and covers on the nose piece since I'd rather see cables and stuff, but that's just me. :laugh:

My personal thought is sometimes too much black makes the bike look cheap. I did the rearsets, etc but I didn't do frame plugs and stuff because I like seeing the rawness of a motorcycle.

Heck I can't stand the dash panels and covers on the nose piece since I'd rather see cables and stuff, but that's just me. :laugh:

I think the same way. I think too much is gody. I really just want to cover the Yoke. Powdercoat my rearsets and I would like to powdercoat the master cylinder. Has anyone painted the MC before or PC it?

You can barely see it back there anyway with stock rearsets..

GNation2.JPG

I agree, don't do the rear master, not worth it. Too much black is not a good thing UNLESS you have a specific theme for the bike. It all depends on how it is done

Black plastic caps three years later still look perfect. I did my master cylinder with Rustoleum. Search my threads you'll find it. I had a theme, I wanted it to be like a Ying and Yang symbol, a perfect balance of power and spirit.

240px-Ying_Yang.svg.png

fdaf57de.jpg

010d5885.jpg

73D676E8-4792-44D9-90C6-924D3BD19442-1292-0000016CD245EC16.jpg

Spray bomb it then.. Looks good so far, but the passenger pegs MUST be done!

Spray bomb it then.. Looks good so far, but the passenger pegs MUST be done!

Definitely. I am going to try the trunk mod. I figure that would be a good time to take the rearsets off and have them PC'd. Then put back together. I scared on the trunk mod. Saiid give me some encouraging words!!! :lol:

What kind of rims do you have there Saiid?

Marchesini Magnesiummmmmms. :)

I was scared for a long time on the trunk mod myself and then afterward I was like 'that was so easy, why didn't I do it before?'

Just cut it....

I forget where I got my caps from? But I do remember having to trim the larger ones down as they stuck out too far.

Mask off the frame and spray paint the engine mount bolts when you do the MC. I'de tape and newspaper the bike and paint the MC on the bike too.
You can also buy black bolts for the rearsets(and all of them if you want).
Peel the stickers off the frame, that'll clean up the look some.

Can't wait to start. Bikes in shop at the moment. Soon as its back I see a trunk mod coming and some blackin out! Thanks for the tips. Many props to you six on the mod!

Can't wait to start. Bikes in shop at the moment. Soon as its back I see a trunk mod coming and some blackin out! Thanks for the tips. Many props to you six on the mod!

Thank you sir.
Still makes me happy that so many people like this cheap and simple mod.
The part of the stock undertail that gets cut is along corners and seams. Cuts out easily with a new razor knife.
No worries there. Worst case is that you kill a couple trashcans getting what you want.
You can do it! All of the members here that said they could not, and eventually tried, all suceeded!:thumbsup:

Tastefully blacking out some of the silver parts make the Busa look even cleaner. I left the nuts and bolts exposed to help give it some depth.

IMG_0693.jpg

Back