To anyone looking to buy a new Busa

dlrumbl

Registered
Hey everyone,

Not that the majority of you here a looking to buy a new busa, but I just want to tell anyone new to this site to be careful when you are going to buy the busa. This is mostly pertaining to online purchases. There are many, many scams going on right now on eBay. I am currently talking to a guy whom stole the pics off another eBay ad, and relisted the item with a buy it now for $4000. Thats a 40th Anniv. 2003 Busa with 830 miles. (Snickerking, yeah right) I told the guy that I had the money and was ready to buy.*Knowing this was a scam*

He e-mailed me back within minutes explaining a scamish story about how he had moved to Italy (Ha) and was relisting this item. So, I e-mailed him back after he said he would let it go for $4600 total shipped to me. I told him before I send him the money via Western Union (his only method - ha) that I wanted him to take one last picture of the bike with the words "Bugs Bunny" written on a piece of paper then snap that pic with the piece of paper sitting on the tank.

I think at this point he knew I was on to him. He got really frustrated and asked me if this was all a game. Ha Ha - Why yes it is, but only I am not trying to hurt people like he was!!!!!!!!!

Everyone be safe, and as usual:

"If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is" - Someone

Lee.

Everyone keep up the great work here.(Cap, Revlis, Ninja Eater, etc.)

This site is rocking !!!
super.gif

laugh.gif
I shut down a scam last night also.
laugh.gif
E-Bay really needs to get on the ball and stop this before THEY get shut down.
mad.gif

laugh.gif

Hey everyone,

Not that the majority of you here a looking to buy a new busa, but I just want to tell anyone new to this site to be careful when you are going to buy the busa.  This is mostly pertaining to online purchases.  There are many, many scams going on right now on eBay.  I am currently talking to a guy whom stole the pics off another eBay ad, and relisted the item with a buy it now for $4000.  Thats a 40th Anniv. 2003 Busa with 830 miles.  (Snickerking, yeah right)  I told the guy that I had the money and was ready to buy.*Knowing this was a scam*

He e-mailed me back within minutes explaining a scamish story about how he had moved to Italy (Ha) and was relisting this item.  So, I e-mailed him back after he said he would let it go for $4600 total shipped to me.  I told him before I send him the money via Western Union (his only method - ha) that I wanted him to take one last picture of the bike with the words "Bugs Bunny" written on a piece of paper then snap that pic with the piece of paper sitting on the tank.

I think at this point he knew I was on to him.  He got really frustrated and asked me if this was all a game.  Ha Ha - Why yes it is, but only I am not trying to hurt people like he was!!!!!!!!!

Everyone be safe, and as usual:

"If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is" - Someone

Lee.

Everyone keep up the great work here.(Cap, Revlis, Ninja Eater, etc.)  

This site is rocking !!!
super.gif
I've heard about this particular guy in Italy more than a few times now...a close friend of mine emailed me over a month ago, showing me a link to a Busa that was selling for $4K on EBay...looks like the same guy...

Thankfully, he didn't scam my friend...

Just be careful!

picture with a plate number or reg pic would take care of the scams... it is crazy how many are going on.

theres another one on ebay right now i believe.. an 03 silver/grey for like 2300. i asked the guy where hes located at. he said bulgaria.ooooook i think im gonna have him take a pic like u did..

There are too many scams. I e-mailed the guy that actually was selling the bike (legitly) and he contacted me back and said that there were 6 different listings of his bike also on cycle trader. How crazy is that! Watch out !!!!!!!!!!!!

JECBFD - eBay does need to get on the ball soon. This is just ridicilious and very time consuming for those of us looking.

Va Busa - I listed both item numbers in the fraud department of eBay so we will just wait and see what happens!

Cya,

Lee

Wow - well atleast eBay did follow up on my fraud alert! Both of the bikes that I listed as frauds are no longer avaliable to view. (Pending further investigation) YES !!!

2 thumbs up for the good guys !!!!!!!!!!

<span style='color:darkblue'></span><span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'></span><span style='font-family:courier'></span>
I just want to add that I have noticed the scams going on with EBAY especially with the Busa for some reason....Bulgaria, London, Italy are all places they claim to be with their wives and families.....All want wire transfers too....I saw one go last nite for $2200 with a Buy It Now.....for a 2003 Busa....good luck!!!!! Be careful on the road and on the net!!!

What a scam...They should be shot.....My advice "if its worth anything' is to go to your local dealerships for major bike purcheses....Far as pipes,helmets,leathers i would buy online and i have from know companies...Glad you guys stop a few.Save buying:D

i agree ebay needs to get with it. i bought other items on ebay that never arrived and never got replies back from ebay. my credit card company did charge backs, so i wasnt out of the cash.

I love e-bay, but dont get me wrong. If you spend a 100 or so here and there it not too bad. But I am a little leary of spending several thousand dollars on ebay. I know that a picture is worth a 1000 words. But seeing it in person and hearing it run is pricless !!!!!

i contacted the guy and warned him about the scams, the guy being the one who "won" the auction for the busa. Hope its not too late

<span style='color:darkblue'></span><span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'></span><span style='font-family:courier'></span>
Hey I just saw a 2002 busa go for $4k....looked great too...I cant email the buyer but if someone could just give him the following :

"I see you bought a nice Busa for a very low price...just a heads up that there are a lot of scams out there...so dont send your money overseas etc especially if they say the bike is overseas....use an escrow service etc...would love to know if this deal was really real....let me know so you can gloat....congrats...."

thanks to all.....wish it had been me....

Back