To all the hayabusa brothers ans sisters in the SoCal region. Take care out there .

These have been rollers, enough to get the water sloshing in the Sparkletts bottle, but not the abrupt variety that sends stuff off the shelves, thankfully. Not yet, at least. They still haven't decided if these recent quakes are reducing the overall stress (and likelihood of larger events), or compounding it. I do, however, after every tremor, go out to make sure the bike's still on its stand. It is, so Fontana, CA is good to go! Thanks @Mike Chambers !

I remember several from my SoCal years, I don't miss them. I live in the Midwest now, have had a few tremors over the years, I live in the Wabash Valley seismic zone. What scares me is that we are overdue for one on the New Madrid fault, and it's going to be incredibly destructive because there's nothing to stop the waves from traveling, and nothing is built to code.

Quakes in NY are very rare... We did have one in 2011 but the funny part is that it was so mild no one noticed. I happened to be at the beach laying in the sand and I noticed a slight vibration of the sand.
I had assumed that there was some excavating going on near by or some dredging. It wasn't until that night that I heard of it on the news and was like "oh damn"

Cant even imagine what it is like to experience a severe one. It is like one of those things where you don't know when it will stop but you hope it stops soon.

Saw a video of a swimming pool sloshing back and forth....pretty surreal.
In the 2010 Christchurch quake my pool and my neighbours pool slopped a good 10,000 lt of water
through ours and surrounding neighbours backyards and garages as well as EQ damage, my GSX1400 fell over grrr, cosmetic damage only but still.

Back