To all HID installers

techbum

Registered
To all that are installing the HID system from HID Xpress.....as noted in a previous post, the bulb will fit loose. To remedy that, just remove the stock H7 bulb from the plastic adapter. Take a dremel and cut out the inside of the adapter being sure not to cut out too much. This will work great and ease installation. I would post pics but I have already put my bike back together. Sorry for not thinking of this sooner. As far as mounting the ballast and ignitor.......I mounted the ballast to the right intake tube(on top) with rivets for a secure mount and mounted the ignitor to the nose with some 3M double-sided tape(available at any hardware store). Of course, mounting of the ballast and ignitor will vary with your personal preferences. Once again.........sorry I didn't take pics while installing.............Hope this helps and GOOD LUCK......

This is what I'm refering to..........

H7_bulb_Adapter.jpg

Only problem with that is if you wanted to use your stock bulb(say the new bulb blows out), it won't have a socket that will hold it because its been dremeled.

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1107207816 -->

Yes....one would have to purchase another adapter if you went back to stock but I wouldn't think it would cost much. And who would want to go back to stock lighting..........

My kit came with an adapter to hold the light in , I only had to trim the four tabs down so the metal clip would lock it in tight. I'm thinking you did'nt get the adapter with the kit? Also they give you a small wire connector to use with the factory adapter so you can plug them together without modifiing anything.

Pat

Actually.....I was thinking that they shorted me but when I called their tech support....I got some foreigner who couldn't speak English very well and all he would tell me was to modify the stock adapter. I wasn't too pleased with their customer service. Spending that kind of money(bought before the group deal) I thought they should have done better.

Just to clarify........this was HID Express that I was dealing with........didn't want to step on any toes where it wasn't deserved......

Back