TMH - TurboMotorhead: balancer and filter questions.

I'm getting ready to do my Muzzy ti exhaust, and while the oil pan is "un-trapped" I'd like to remove my counterbalancer. I understand that the aftermarket crank guys remove the drive gear from the crank. My crank is not coming out. Can I remove the driven gear from the counterbalancer or at least grind the teeth off so that it doesn't spin? Is it ahead of, below, or behind the crank? Which side is access gained from? Where is the oil hole(s) that I need to plug? I am visualizing tapping and plugging a small hole. I am ASE certified and have built engines and raced cars for years. I got the black UNI filter foam #BF-2. Is that the right stuff? What do you oil it with? Do you attach it with RTV? I have some black GMS type RTV. Do you support the foam at all? Thank you very much. I appreciate your help.

SORRY MAN BEEN BUSY WITH MY **** AND SOME OTHER BUSAS.TO REMOVE THE BALANCER.DROP THE PAN UNBOLT THE WINDAGE COVER FOR THE BALANCER.THEN REMOVE THE 1 BOLT ON THE SIDE OF THE MOTOR THAT HOLDS THE SHAFT IN.PULL IT OUT AND THERE IT FALLS RIGHT OUT..NOW SEAL THE OIL FEED HOLE THAT IS AT THE FAR END OF THE SHAFT,IT HAS A KINDA PLUG IN IT ALREADY.YOU WANT TO SOLDER OR WELD OR SOME HOW BLOCK THE FEED HOLE.THEN USE AN O RING THE SIZE OF THE SHAFTS OD AND ISTALL IT IN THE CASE WHERE THE SHAFT WILL GO(THE END OF THE SHAFT RESTS IN A COUNTER BORED HOLE INSIDE THE CASE0NOW REINSTALL THE SHAFT WITHOUT THE BALANCER AND YOUR DONE.ITS EASIER THAN IT SOUNDS

Thanks. I'm all over it. How about the air box questions?

[This message has been edited by Kirk (edited 30 July 2000).]

YES THE BLACKS 1 OF THE TYPES AND IT FLOWS LIKE HELL.YEAH USE THE BLCK GM STUFF IF YA WANT AROUND THE BOARDER.NO NEED TO SUPPORT THE FILTER ITS SUCH A SHORT SPAN.

What do you oil it with? What other filter mediums do you use and why. How come you're up at this hour?

Muzzy ti with round ti can done. Already starting to change colors to match the bodywork. Way lighter. Cool noises.

We have the carbon oval and after a few thousand miles it really booms.
I can only imagine how that tiny little round can sounds.

Rode out to 24hr Starbucks after closing the one downtown. The other 2 got to observe roll-on part throttle rubber painting in first and second gear in a tunnel getting on the freeway. I just held it at 8000-9000rpm until the rear end came back in line. They said it makes real intimidating noises. I can hardly wait for the packing to go away. The darned thing turns in like a 600. I gotta run it over the scales. My goal is under 500lbs without spending too much money.

Back