DSC_0156.JPG

DSC_0154.JPG

DSC_0158.JPG

DSC_0159.JPG

DSC_0160.JPG

DSC_0161.JPG

15425044805797992635592677104799.jpg

DSC_0157.JPG

Damn I have never seen bolts like that that is really cool.

I like how you compared the weight of all 4 to just one standard stainless.

I’m curious what the tensile strength is of the stainless to the hollow Ti bolts. I mean they are on your grab bar so in this instance tensile strength is basically irrelevant but how would those compare in a high tensile environment.

Jeff I got most beat . Titanium Ring like yours , but both legs from knee to ankle have Titanium rods inserted in the Tibula bone with 3 cross pins ( 6 total ) Titanium as been real part of my life lol . The 10,000 dollar carbon fiber halo around the left leg I turned it into a cup holder in my 1988 Toyota corolla GTS . The cup holder was worth more than the car !!!

And all I have is 2 Titanium hips. Heaver then original equipment. But longer lasting... Dropping weight on the bike this way will certainly work. But really when all is said and done how much can you drop with trick hardware. My Busa goes street or strip. It doesn't really seam to care how much it weighs. I have a 1000 Gixer that just goes to the drag strip.There's a hundred pound difference right there from the Busa. I always want to be a little quicker with the Gixer. I went at this weight issue a different way. And this won't work for everyone. Over 2 years I went from 190 to 150. 40 pounds going down the drag strip 1/8 or 1/4 makes a noticeable difference... Is everyone here skinny?Or could this work for someone else too?:rolleyes:

And all I have is 2 Titanium hips. Heaver then original equipment. But longer lasting... Dropping weight on the bike this way will certainly work. But really when all is said and done how much can you drop with trick hardware. My Busa goes street or strip. It doesn't really seam to care how much it weighs. I have a 1000 Gixer that just goes to the drag strip.There's a hundred pound difference right there from the Busa. I always want to be a little quicker with the Gixer. I went at this weight issue a different way. And this won't work for everyone. Over 2 years I went from 190 to 150. 40 pounds going down the drag strip 1/8 or 1/4 makes a noticeable difference... Is everyone here skinny?Or could this work for someone else too?:rolleyes:
I need to drop about 40, but it's not easy...

If I drop 40 pounds I would be 102 pounds , and would look real sick . When I get to 138 lb my face looks thin . I know the bird will never be a 440 pound liter bike but it will be 5teens when i'm done .
a 518 pound ( goal ) wet bird with 185 hp approx to rear wheel with a 5 foot 1 " tall 142 pound rider flies ;)
Probably better than a stage 1 turbo ( 230 hp approx ) with a BIG 250 pound pilot on a 560 pound bird

Wow just did power to weight ratio on above .
Me/bird 185 hp / 660 lb = 3.56 pounds per HP
Big guy / Turbo stage 1 =230 hp / 810 pound = 3.52 pounds per HP

What's no accounted for is Wind drag ( big vs little ) when I ride Steves Turbo ZRx @ track I mph 157 to 160 while he MPH 140's . He is 6 foot 5 Im 5' 1" our weight difference in not much as he is thin 190 lb

I'm 294 in my boxers. I remember about 12 years ago a racing buddy and I weighed our bikes, he is a thin guy, and had severely lightened his R1. Him on it weighed less than my bike.....3 tenths difference between us in the 1/8, which is a bunch. Sounds like nothing to a non racer, but you're not even in the finish line picture if you're that much slower.
My bike is lighter now, but I'm not sure how much. I'm planning on getting back into racing next year, so the other 25 lbs will need to go.... losing weight is indeed free horsepower.

Wow just did power to weight ratio on above .
Me/bird 185 hp / 660 lb = 3.56 pounds per HP
Big guy / Turbo stage 1 =230 hp / 810 pound = 3.52 pounds per HP

What's no accounted for is Wind drag ( big vs little ) when I ride Steves Turbo ZRx @ track I mph 157 to 160 while he MPH 140's . He is 6 foot 5 Im 5' 1" our weight difference in not much as he is thin 190 lb
That 50 lbs is a big difference, but height is a factor too.

So that was your kid at the school I couldn't see past . Mr Brown I work in HISD schools , and being my size when the bell rings I try to find a place to park for 5 minutes lol . I can see past these kids .

Back